Saturday, September 23, 2006

Attitude Matters!!! (pun intended)



Helllllo ppl!!! Hope all is well!!! i am doin great... and no wat... i just came bk from lab and eurekhaaaaaaaa... v got a positive result at last... after 2 months of slogging!!! Now, i can look forward to doing the next step!!!! Hehe :)


Oki.. now here is last week's updates.. my musings begin....... :)As I walked into the lecture theatre on friday afternoon, I could feel about hundred pairs of eyes giving me that oh-my-god-kinda look, making me feel uncomfy. The stares sure were not 'coz of my new hairdo, or my super cool pink top, but 'coz of the bandage that i wore on my right wrist!!! Yeah, i managed a perfect wrist sprain 2 days ago!!! Dunt ask me how, when, where or what. I have no answer. A hyper-active girl, simply doesnt know where she picks up such minor damages!!! :P So, after i felt that the pain was doin me no good, i went to my university hospital and the doc was soo damn sweet that he said - "Hey, u managed to sprain ur hand at the right time. Have the whole mid-semester break to take care of it!!" Hehe :) Wish i had such sprains when i was in school!! I could have got an excuse from doin homework and most interestingly, mom would have fed me in such a circumstance!! :P And Yessssssssss people, the whole of next week, no lectures, no assignments... but lots of pending stuff to work on, preparations for mid-sem test and of course, some freak outs as well!!! I was planning to experiment some new recipe, eat well, freak out, prepare notes - basically, was plannin to do lots of physical activity. Now, i got to wait until my wrist feels fine. And yeah, it is gettin better!!! :)


Prithz hand - firmly strapped and curbed of its usual freedom!!! :'(


Oki, gettin to the topic, last afternoon, during the 10 min break in-between lecture, my frnd and me were giggling like clowns over a punch dialog that i managed to tell her and suddenly, one of my batchmates came up to me and asked, "Hey, do you know that there is this new 24-hour suicide hotline number for students???" I gave him a super-cocktail look - blank, blunt, puzzled, shocked, surprised!!! I replied, "Sorry... was that question for me???" Then, he pointed out to my hand and conjured a question mark in thin air. I gave out a furious laugh. How could anyone ask such a dumb question to me??? Do i look like i wanna commit suicide??? Wretched?? Forlorn??? Of course not!!! I am in the best of my spirits, enjoying every moment of this phase of ma life. I never imagined that a simple sprain could get people thinking this way. As a matter of fact, if that guy had questioned me with some sort of a sarcastic smile, i would have forgiven him. (haha, did u notice the alliteration that i managed??? lol!!!) But to my utter dismay, he came up and questioned me as if he were asking me some academic doubt!!! Even after my straight reply, his face was still sans a smile. (haha, another alliteration!!!) If his question was meant to be a joke, let him know that i couldnt even manage to get a tiny-weeny smile twinched outta the corner of my lips.


Another strange incident happened this week. My frnd and i were walkin out of the tutorial class. I was to rush for my lecture, while my frnd agreed to get things ready in the lab, so that i could join her after my lecture. She asked me, "We are isolating DNA today, right??" I hastily replied, "No di, not today. May be not at all." Then, she turned furious, turned her back to me, and rushed right ahead of me. I could faintly hear her murmur, "Hey, if u are not interested, then, i am going to do it alone." I got thoroughly aggitated. Inspite of my temper, i tried to calmly explain to her as to why we mite not need to do DNA isolation that day. Then, she finally managed to give a rather rough "ok" that spoke nothing, but of her ego.


This mite seem so trivial an issue, but frankly, in my opinion, her reaction was nasty. Utterly disgusting! I hate people who, while on a discussion, simply walk away (thinking they are being too smart, making a fool out of the other) or abrupty cut a conversation. According to me, it speaks of one's intolerance, indifference, ego, dangerous short-temper or simply of one's acceptance of defeat. If i were in such a situation, i would simply accept my mistake and go on. Please dunt get to thinking that i am trying to picture myself as a very goody-goody girl. Until a year ago, I was myself a very egoistic and short tempered person. I literally got thumped. I was one of those fools who repeatedly learnt from their own mistakes. A timid girl i was, fuming with inferiority complex. Now, i have learnt to silently tell others that 'Your inferiority complex is much better than mine.' An independent life, away from home and family have by itself been wonderful teachers. I have evolved into what i am today, keeping alive my zeal and zest.


I am seriously confused as to why i begin to think this way. Its probably my age, or MY attitude that is pretty much antogonistic to my frnd's. At times, we just dont realise the stupidity of our actions and reactions. It can badly mirror our character. Anways, at the end of the day, i feel that all these thoughts cross my mind 'coz I am smiling a bit too much these days, so much so that i always feel that the other person is either smiling too little or has totally forgotten how to smile. Could also be that i am beginning to take things easy, which my associates are still tryin to learn. All these were just some random thoughts that flashed my mind and i managed to ramble about them here. This frnd and me are in good terms. It is jus her attitude that botheres me. I will tell her what i feel about it when the time is ripe. Hope i didnt confuse u guys as much as i got confused myself. LOL!!! Take care.. and have a good day... hugggggggggggzzzzzzzzzzz!!! :)


47 comments:

Unknown said...

Preeethi!

Un udanja kaiya paatha udane en manasu udanji pochu! :(

Appurom un friend kitta kovama? Seri vidu vidu, un friendku ego-na adhukku nee inna panna mudiyum. Venumna onnu pannalam. Ego TV-ya nee vaangi paaru. Unakkum konjam ego varatum! :)

Seri, I will pray for our broken hand to recover!

Unknown said...

Again second time in a row, First Commenter naan dhaan!

Hatrick poduvenaaa? Kaathirindhu paarungal. :)

brute said...

so this week we came to knw abt preethi's attitude in the past nw in the present....(lol..:P)...
well attitude matters my dear, its required but ego shud be isolated...hehe....and and laugh your way out preethi its ur life....

Unknown said...

"Hey, u managed to sprain ur hand at the right time. Have the whole mid-semester break to take care of it!!" Hehe :) Wish i had such sprains when i was in school!! I could have got an excuse from doin homework and most interestingly, mom would have fed me in such a circumstance!!

Very good student! I too was like that. I once wished the day before an exam to have a fever So that i cud bunk the exam!

s0ulasylum said...

from kutty ponnu i have to start calling u smiling ponnu i think.. :) hehehe.. aaah so ur having a ball.. and enjoying every bit of it.. well thts awesome innit? and people with bad attitudes.. u know wht u do abt them.. just let them be till they come around for themselves.. :)
have a fun weekend girl. and enjoy ur break.. and pls dont wave tht hand around too much.. it needs to heal.. get well soon!
bye

Venkatesh said...

Hey Preethi..
take care of ur wrists.. too much typing??? glad to hear about ur postive results from the lab..

People are interesting and you will meet all kinds of them. there are so many things that can have an impact on one's behavior: ego, stress, goals, desires, expectations, environment, culture, society, exposure, money, beaty, moral values, etc., etc., whenever I get offended by someone, I try to come up with a reasoning to justify that from their point-of-view and brush it off.. its helps avoiding me committing the same to others..

I guess I am more confused than you on this topic..

Krithika said...

:) oho how did u manage a sprain?? :p anyways get well soon :) only then u can punch that guy for askin that qn :p
and i know of soooo many speciments like these..esp guys..the basic "know-it-all" attitude in ppl irritates u a lot..and the best part is they think U dunno anything(like the gal u mentioned) :( Acc to me,U should give them a tight snub but as u say,ignorance is best :) :)
hmm wen we think abt it..we have come a long way frm all that(ego,snob attitude etc..)la?

golmaalgopal said...

yeah attitude matters 4 sure....why get angry with ur frnd....everythin's a learing exp....now dat u feel 4 wat she did to u...u'll keep in mind not to do dat to others..... :)


wat a bad time to sprain ur hand... :( do take care....

ciao...

Ganesh Ranganathan said...

Aiyo paavam, kai sprain aayidchu aa??

Don't worry it will get better....Best of luck for your DNA isolation....

Himavan said...

Good to hear about positive results. All the best for next steps...:)

Oops...sorry to hear about your sprain. Hope everything is alright now! Get well soon!

And ya, about attitude....Its an experience! learn from it....:)

TC....

Prasanna Parameswaran said...

hmm ellarum take carennu sollitaanga, so Im telling wait for some time before you start your next prank, lest you sprain your other hand too, before this one gets allright! :) take Care!

Bharani said...

Hey Prithz....What u r finding innovative ideas to avoid ur semester exams-a???....take care...

KK said...

Hey Prithz! Yentha paiyanukku kai kaamchi kai sprain aachu??? ;) unmaiya sollunga (Jus kidding)
well there will be lots of people like that who may irritate us, but its not a perfect World so we need to take it on the stride. I am sure thats what you are doing. So just dont let it affect you :) You enjoy your life :)
Regarding your friend, i think everyone has ego. But its better to talk it out. Kudos to you for keeping your cool and explaining her you point. Very well done Prithz!! Leave it aside, you conveyed what you wanted so forget it :)
Well you are doing the right things like taking things easy and smiling. So keep smiling!!! :)

Anonymous said...

How's ur hand feeling now??? Hope you get well soon!!! :)

I knew a girl like this friend of urs who wud just away in the middle of a conversation. It was quite annoying. Finally I managed to tell her about this whole situation and she understood what I meant and things have been better since then.

I guess some people just find it hard to admit that they are wrong. But walking away isn't a solution, is it? (even though it might seem like the best idea at the spur of the moment).

Once again, I hope ur hand gets better soon. and hey! U gotta cook something for me some day!!!!! :P

Has to be me said...

Hi dear....hope ur hand is much better now!
I also cant stand ppl who walk away, cut conversation or even slam the phone whilst speaking! Thankfully these instances have occured in extremely rare circumstances only for me. But yes it is totally pissing!
Ammam, how did u manage to type the long post with ur broken hand?!

Syam said...

ithuku thaan solrathu pasangala paarthu shoes eduthu kaata koodaathunu...jus kidding...hope you feel better now...sari OB adikarathuku nalla chance :-)

prithz said...

@ karthik b.s.:

Hehe.. this time also fisrt!!! Very good!!! Congrats!!! KK , on my behalf, will send one puliyodharai packet thru FedEx or gmail(surutified from syam brether's factory outlet!!)..

And indha madiri dialog laam solli, touch pannitinga karthik!!! agaaaaaaaaa!!! taangala pa!!! :P

@ brute:

Hehe :) Very good!!! Yeah yeah.. me lafin and enjoyin all the time.. i wonder if i can ever get serious!!! :P

@ s0ulasylum:

Hehe :) absolutely!!!

And yeah, v got to adjust and move on...as KK says, the world is afterall not perfect(for once a sensible comment from him ;) LOL!!)...

i never know, probably i was harsh too. :( so...itsallinteh process of learning....

@ venkatesh:

Thnx thnx.. my hand better now!!!

Haha.. so i managed to confuse dr.venkatesh too!! LOL!!! :P And yeah, on a serious note, watever u have mentioned is true.. its a learning process afterall..

@ krithika:

Hehe.. i told u na, dunt ask me how, when, where, wat.. i jus managed to get it!!! LOL!!

And yeah.. i am not the kind hu wants to punch or snub... i am more of a soft n calm person when it comes to dealing relationships.. i give up n compromise a lot... its gud in some respects, but sometimes, ppl tend to take advantage over it.. so, i am simply learnin overall these experiences :)

@ golmaalgopal:

Hm.. it was a momentary temper that managed to shoot outta me.. jus like it did for her.. i tried to hide it.. she showed it of.. dats the difference.. and yeah, iam learnin from all this... :)

my hand oki now..prithz bk in form for the next prank!! :P

@ ganesh ranganathan:

Hehe :) yeah.. but now i am ok... and hey..thnx for the wish..but v are now done with gel extraction, gonna start off wid ligation next..hope all works well!!! :)

@ contented:

Thnx thnx!!! :)

I am perfectly fine!!! The sprain didnt bother me much apart from fact that i did lesser mischief!! :P

and yeah, me learnin from such incidents :)

indianangel:

LOL!!! Super ah sonninga... i liek it..me perfectly fine now.. so,next prank will coem soon!! :P

@ bharani:

Aha, adhullam inga nadakaadhu pa.. exam miss panna, thirupi adhutha sem, class, tutorial, assignment nu bore adichudhuvaanga!!! instead, after gettin bk home, if i get sprain, jolly ah aathula bed la padhutundu, tv paathindha, amma will ootify food!!! epdi idea?? :P

@ KK:

Agaaaaaa..vaarukum kai kaamikala.. stats prof vera, avarukku, one 4 year old n one 7 year son irrukaanga nu sollitaaru.. so prithz ku heart breakings ah poochu!! :P

Reg the serious part of ur comment.. i am totally elated!!!! Thnx pa.. yeanna nalla purinjindrikinga neenga!!! (*i am on cloud no.9*)... :) Hugggzzz!!!

@ macho girl:

Hehe :) thnx dear!!! me doin great.. the past 2 days events have been fabulous.. so me totally forgot abt ma sprain.. will update u guys abt it soon... :)

and yeah.... sure.. i can cook for u sometime.. tell me..then v shall lunch together one of these days durin midsem break!!! :P

@has to be me:

Hehe.. point ah gappu nu u caught!!! my hand was painng.. but i cudnt resist bloggin... so, i removed the bandage, typed, pain got worse, i tied bandage again.. n then rested!!! :P now i am fine!!

Yeah, such things happen.. they are merely a test to our tolerance n patience..

@ syam:

Hehe :) yeanna paathu ipdi ketutingale syam anna!!! cha cha cha!! naan laam chamathu ponnu.. no sightadichin.. no serippu edhuthing!!! ;)

now hand ferfect... ready for next prank!! :P

Syam said...

//naan laam chamathu ponnu.. no sightadichin.. no serippu edhuthing//

no sight no serippu...konjam contrary ah irukey :-))))))

KK said...

Oh paavam! heart break???? I am very sorry to hear about it. Its ok leave the stats prof... Watch out for someother handsome prof... :) Kadavul oru kadava moodina innoru kathava thirapaar... so keep watching :)
Hugggzzz to you too :)

Syam, oru doubt... yellarum ungala anna anna'nu koopitu ungala Yengal anna Gabtain alavukku aakitangale... ithai pathi ungal karuthu yennavo? :)

Keshi said...

Prithz Im sorry to hear abt ur sprain. But Im quit like u LOL! I injure myself even w.o. my knowledge. Over-hyper-active is KESHI.

:)

TC n huggggggggz!

Keshi.

Krithika said...

yes absolutely rite..and i share the same mindset as urs..trip,fall,learn :)

Krithika said...

anyways..take care,sweetie..get well soon :)

AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

oHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.dat is so so bad.
hope ur hand is better now , so that u can wave at the class as u ener the room
and so that u can slap people just for fun :)))
tc

Unknown said...

aama periya secretu, kai-kari narukura appo Rahul Dravid-ah nanichu iruppa. Avlo dhaan kai narukiturippa. Idha periya secret-nu solra paathiya? :)

Unknown said...

@KK (@syam)

Syam, oru doubt... yellarum ungala anna anna'nu koopitu ungala Yengal anna Gabtain alavukku aakitangale... ithai pathi ungal karuthu yennavo? :)

adhe kelviyai naan ketkiraen! Ungal karuthu innavo Syam? :)

Deepak Gopi said...

First time this way.
Get well soon

Syam said...

//ithai pathi ungal karuthu yennavo//

@KK,karthik

Well...million dollar question..u know....ipdi thaan start pannuvaanga indha oorla oru question ku answer therialana, ellorum anna koopidarathu ok, yemba gabtan range nu solli avaru maanatha vaangareenga :-)

Archun said...

hmmm!! very very sad about your hand :-( anyways...in NUS, activities can la throughout the year!! hehe!
Was very happy to read the rest of your blog though!!Its awesome to know that you are really enjoying life! To be honest, I'm just in the learning process! I'm just trying to get out of that phase - which I think you put very well - "A timid girl - fuming with inferiority complex." hehe...
as always, enjoyed reading your blog!

starry said...

Hope you are feeling better. sorry about the sprain. take care.

Bharani said...

idea juuppper...keep going :)

KK said...

Syam, Gabtain will feel proud of you :)

logic said...

Hey madam wat a coincidence.
Here in Minesota the winter about to show its head and we played a last volley ball mach of the season and i got my right hand thumb spoiled.
The opponent guy hit straight on to my thumb when i blocked his spike..
not able to hit space bar..rooomba kashtama iruku
Take care of urs

Ramya Shankar said...

Preeeeethi, does right hand fracture ring any bell to you?
Sunflower Group Chart !!!!!! ;)
Think girl !

gils said...

achucho..kaiya udachindentu ivlo periya buildupa...ipo epdi irukunu keklamnu pathen..ovoru comentukum vakkaniya reply panirukaruthelenthey theriyuthu :) tk cr buddy...to lift ur spirits u nd to brk ur hand is it?!! hehe..aanalum unga friend suicide part semma kaamudi..ROTFL

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

prithu......naan comment pannaliye kochikathe..naan innum padikkave illae :D

actually ippo naan vantha purpose ennana i have updated my blog..athai sollitu polaam nu vanthen...... Autograph ishtory completed :)

prithz said...

@ syam:

>>no sight no serippu...konjam contrary ah irukey<< - Naeku neenga solrathu puriyala pa!!!

BTW, Gaptain ku insult na..cannot accept... then moa will call syam cheta!!! :P

@ kk:

Ahaaaaa!!! Idhu too much.. indha varusham, indha oru prof dhanpa, paakara maadiri irrukaaru.. michavanga ellarum, thatha and sottai only :((

@ keshi:

Haha!!! U too in ma league huh??? MAazing.. shall v start a hyper-active girls club???:P

@ krithika:

Oh.. u too.. it sometimes is very tuf to take lessons the hard way.. but at the end of it.. v really know the extent of our mistake... u too take care girl!! tata!

@ ajay:

Hey.. long time since i saw u around.. hoep u r doin good!! my hand is perfectly fine now!! :)

@ karthik b.s.:

Haiyooo..seriyaana blade... computer enggr nu prove pannitinga.. veggie cut pannum bhoodhu, finger cut panna, epdi wrist sprain varum??? Ahhhhhhhhh!!! :P

@ deepak gopi:

Welcome n thnx a lot! :)

@ archun:

Hey, glad that u enjoyed readin my stuff. how is vacation goin??? how is chennai??? when u gettin bk???

@ starry nights:

Thnx a ton!! i am fine now!! perfectly fine! :)

@ bharani:

:) vera edhachukkum idea venumna, ask me :)

@ logic:

Oh no!!! u too!!! hope u r feeling better now... take care yaar!! i am now fine! :)

@ rams:

Ahhhhaaa... neene solli koduthuduva polarke...Y di ramya?? past laam noondara??? :P

@ gils:

Haha!!! andha suicide matter ore comedy ah poochu... vita andha piyyan suicide pandra alavukku edhanum thitirpen.. control pannindhen!! :P

@ r.subramanian:

Aha.. adhene paahten.. yeannada aala kaanume nu!!! yeannoda post vida lenghty post ah irruku.. will read it sometime soon :)

Harish said...

Cmon...at least you have the courage to admit it.More than half of the people in this world wont even accept that they have been stupid at any point of time in their life.

And yes...remembered the immortal lines from the movie SOME LIKE IT HOT..."Well...Nobody is perfect!"

Keshi said...

I bump into unseeen things which later become seen cos of the bump LOL! yeah we can be club presidents for years :)


TC sweety!

Keshi.

KK said...

Why only prof's??? nalla padicha paiyan than venduma??? appo Dr. yaarum illaiya unga campus'la??? ;) Smart'a Dr. iruntha kaila you can tie the bandage and visit the doctor :)

Unknown said...

the way you managed the alteration was too good.. hope you get well soon.. good luck dear!!!

prithz said...

@ harish:

Yeah!! Its better to accept n go on with life, instead of broodin over it.. rite???

@ keshi:

Righto!!! Sure thing... :P

@ kk:

Haha!!! Nalla advice koduthinga. Aatthula yaaravadhu idha padichaanga, naa kaali... s'pore padikka pooniya, pick up panna pooniya nu kepaanga.. so ippodhaiki, single ah irundhu life ah "enjoy" pannitu.. cycle gapla, sight mattum adhichukalaam nu plan..

@ uttara:

Haha! thnx! I am perfectly fine now!! :)

Syam said...

smiling ponnu...is your hand getting better now :-)

Unknown said...

ippadi en thozhila kevala paduthadhey! :( :(

Appurom avalo dhaaan! :(

KK said...

only sight??? very bad... very bad...bore :)

Ganesh Ranganathan said...

enna Prithz....unakku yedhavady pracchanai na enga kittu sonna naanga seri pannamatoma??

Edhuku indha extreme step?

prithz said...

@ syam:

Yea brether.. hand ferfectly alright!!! :P

@ karthik b.s.:

Seri seri.. it wasnt meant to be offensive... chill!!!

@ kk:

Verupethadinga kk... indhaippolaam site adikka kooda neram illa!! :'(

@ ganesh ranganathan:

Hehe :) dutn worry.. naan extreme step laam edukka maaten!!! :P

@ the brown eyed one:

Thnx dear.. i am alright now. hope u r doin good too!!! :)

Priya said...

Hope u r feeling better now???