Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Desi Touch...


Yaloooooooo peoples!!! Hope u guys are having a wonderful weekend. But, bet ya, it cannot match the kinda fun i have had this weekend. Well, as usual, this post is goin to be pretty much reflective of my current ecstatic, highly-hyperactive state. No serious discussions this time. Haha!!! Happy??? I cant wait to tell u guys what has been happenin in life for the past few days.. its been an awesome roller coaster of a ride for me!!! Believe me.. i thoroughly enjoyed it and i wish that the rest of my sem could pass this way.. :P

Oki, here i goooooooooooooooooo........ (*nowadays, my blog is turning into a "dear diary" kinda thing*) LOL!!! Plz bear with me...

Thursday -

The alarm little aroused my senses and i woke up with a start realising that i had missed my 9am tutorial!!!
S*** thing!! Its a graded tutorial and i better not miss it. Previous night's struggle with assignment until 3am was beginning to teach me the first lesson of the day - "The dawn doesnt come twice to awaken the man." Later, I rang up my frnd to ask her when the next tutorial slot was and she was like - "Its oki di. Forget it, only one class na. At least u slept comfortably in your room, unlike me!!" I had a good laf and as if that were not enough, i mailed to my tutor informing her of my "sickness" and inability to attend class! Like a goody-goody girl, i pleaded for an excuse and arranged a make-up class with her!!! Rest of the day went in peace, preparing for my online quiz and tryin out a new cabbage-tomato curry. It came out really well. For the recipe, my current MRP is one BIG butterscotch icecream and a pack of ferero rocher chocolates. Simple! :P




Friday -

Haha!!! One super cool day. Brought me memories of indian life. The day started off after i snoozed the alarm almost a dozen times and finally forced myself outta bed. I began my online assignment, prepared lunch, ate and was already late for the 1pm make-up tutorial i had arranged!!! To add on to all the hullabaloo, it was raining cats and dogs. Thundering!!! I ran and screeched to a halt at the bus stop only to find the bus jus cross me. Damn it!!! I had to wait for 5 more mins for the next one. Now, 5 mins is a big thing, considering the fact that the tutorial itself lasts only an hour and it would take me another 5 mins to reach my tutorial room, even if i sprintered. Time:1.15pm. OMG!!! I was gettin too late now. So much do these people stick to their doctrines, that the bus would not leave a few mins before the scheduled time. I was so restless that i was giving the bus captain a desparate look to start the bus, but as if he were unawares of the entire world, he continued to shower the bus and scrub it with detergent or watever u call it!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!! Now this was gettin out of my hands. I was contemplating if i should go to class so late or just chuck it.

Finally, the bus roared to life. I got in. Slow melody was playing in my ipod and little did it relax my nerves. 1.30pm - My stop arrived. I got down and soared to the lift, jus got it when it was begining to ascend. 1.33pm. Palpitating. I knocked the door and walked in. Ahhh!!! That was a record breaker. 3 mins from bus stop to tutorial room - beat me at that!! 'If only i were allowed to run in the Olympics', i thought :P Ok, now, all seats were occupied in the tutorial room. I joined another girl who was sittin on one of the tables. Tom-boyish as it seemed, i sat on the desk :P No chairs lah!! The girl passed me the attendence record!!! That's wat i was here for, wasnt i??!!Signed my name. Relaxed i was now. Hehe :) Then the tutor went on -

"In tis propulum, we shudu write down hyptiz leiku tiz - conziter grupu one ancht grupu two. Howeva, we doncht no de ikzact valu of meenz...."

I menacingly smiled at my friends who were surprised to see me (of all the people) walk in so late to class. I looked around the room to find some of them mechanically taking down notes, some checking mails in the computer (techically installed with some software that we needed to work out problems!!) and the others, chatting with their friends in msn!!! 1.45pm. I heard the tutor say - "Oki, taz it. U can go!!" Hehe :) Done!!! Rest of the day went in style. What else would you expect if i had stats lecture??? (*Prof was in casual t-shirt, jeans and sports shoes - Friday it was!!!*) :P That night, after nearly one and a half months, i had pizza!!! LOL!!!

Saturday -

Attended life sciences career day, went to a local school for mentoring students as part of my co-curricular activity. Mid-day, was in a temple with almost my entire batch of indian frnds for temple washing seva. Not to differ, I was as excited about the whole thing. Pulled up pants, seasoned my voice, began singing "Swargam yeanbathu nammaku" and cleaned the temple and washed it clean. Ah.... i felt so nice, or should i say Divine!!! LOL!!! Then, they served us super cool lunch, but jus when i touched the hot food, i realised a searing pain in my finger!!! Gosh!!! Not again, i had a cut in my right thumb. Jus now i recovered from a minor sprain that i had developed in my elbow, while
the bus captain suddenly took the bus, before i cud get seated. Ahhh!!! :( The food was so inviting, my thumb was spoiling the whole fun!!


Later that day, the best part of my weekend was to arrive. I went to the parlour with my frnd and got a layer cut for my hair!!! Now, i look so much like myself - freaky, excited and hyperactive!!! Perfectly suits my attitude. Hehe :)

Sunday -

Ah!!! Another awesome day. One of our family frnds had invited me to a function at their place. My aunt and me planned to go there exclusively for the awesome food!!! :P Though the fried rice, panner sabji, manchurian were all very inviting, i could not resist on attacking curd rice, pickle and papad!!! :P Ate my tummy full. The cool weather,, mild drizzle and the food got me into a deep 3 hour "nap"!!!

So, was that enough???!!! Hehe :) Wishing you guys an awesome week ahead.. take care... Huuuuuuugzzzzzzzzz!!! :)


p.s.: Guys, i have updated to blogger - beta version. I am unable to comment in few of your blogs which do not accept anony comments. :( However, in my blog, i guess non-beta users can select anony option and leave ur name while u comment. Thanks.


50 comments:

Anonymous said...

I looked around the room to find some of them mechanically taking down notes, some checking mails in the computer (techically installed with some software that we needed to work out problems!!) and the others, chatting with their friends in msn!!!

very good College, very good students. Angaye settle aidu preeethi! :)

Anonymous said...

seri seri work aagudhu. Idhuvum nalla concept dhaan. Because, we can just click the one who commented and directly go his/her webpage and view it.


Very good Blogger team! :)

Anonymous said...

BY the BY... ivalo naala bloga paakren. but only this time I am able to comment firstu nu ninaikirean.

Hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa! :)

Ramya Shankar said...

Photo mail pannu !

Krithika said...

wooww!! superb time management..:) u're so good..amazingly juggling several things at a time..anda tactic ennakum solli thayaen? and layer cut uh..oh that's "in" right now.coool dudette!!

Bharani said...

dairy super...lots of happenings hmm...keep going :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Prithz,
nice posts and keep it up.. Your cabbage-tomato curry looks delicious. I used to expt with all sorts of kewl receipes during my first two years for grad school here in US. Now its been almost 2 years since I cooked. :-)

and welcome to the club of morning sleepers.. given that how organized ur room was, I had an impression that you will be a morning person..

~Venkatesh

KK said...

Good post Prithz! Well its a thrill to run at the last minute for the classes. And yeah Attendence is what is needed the most :)
Kovil saapada???? for me?? :(
//fried rice, panner sabji, manchurian //
intha list naanga ketoma?? I wonder why no one calls me like this... :(
//For the recipe, my current MRP is one BIG butterscotch icecream and a pack of ferero rocher chocolates//
If things go at the same rate...looks like you might charge us a BS icecream for reading your blog :) (Jus Kidding)

Anonymous said...

wow...enna koothu di...and I have seen how you bring the roof down when there is thunder and lightening...btw..ur hairstyle and mine resemble like hell...I swear...but if I let it open...i look like an afro with my thick and bushy hair....I want it to grow back...btw,you can still post comments on non-beta users di...nehow,have a good week ahead...

Anonymous said...

ah me no more commenting on ur blog prithz..coz anyways i am gonna repeat the same thing everytime and itz becoming cliched

"So sweetly written...sooper ah eluthare "

- R.Subramanian

Anonymous said...

Computers in the classroom....way cool...

P.S: You can comment on my blog with the 'other' option...

s0ulasylum said...

aaha... nice weekend kutty ponnu... had lotsa fun eating eh? *gobble gobble* :D.. nice nice.. see food and sleep are the two most important things.. everythg else u can buy or live without! :)

prithz said...

@ karthik b.s.:

Karthik the great ah??? Yaarupa adhu??? :P

Idhudhan first time commenting first ah??? Very good.. congratsssssssss!!! :P ungaloda indha success ku, yeannaku oru BS icecream treat kodunga :)

Krithi, yeanna solra??? correcta point ah pudichomma??? karthik oda success lam close ah follow panninde vara... oru naalaiku, motthamma mottai adichitadaam :P

@ ramya:

Sure!!! :)

@ krithika:

Hehe :) romba pugazhaadhe krithi :) Yeannaku romba shy ah irruku...LOL!!!

Ama, layer cut is super cool.. :)

@ bharani:

Thnx!! Yeah.. lots happenin :)

@ venkatesh:

Hey..long time, no see.. how u doin??? busy huh??? Glad u visually enjoyed my cooking :P

I am not at all the morning person.. i can become a morning person.. but somehow, not intertested.. At this stage of life, night life is fun..

@ kk:

Ikjactly!!! (*neethiki rathiri, salaam namasthe paatha eppectu*) LOL!!

Class ku late ah poonalum, latest ah poitu vandhutom illa :P

>>intha list naanga ketoma??<< - Hehe :) Idhalaam nan kaekamaye soluven.. avalo dhaarala manasu.. :)

Yeanna madiri kaanju poikara vangaladhan indha madiri party ku laam koopidu vaangalaam... Ungalukku dhan puliyodharai factory eh irruke.. ellarkum, u r exporting na...

@ rtfctc:

Hey... super di. same to same hairstlyle ah?? Kalaku!!! same pinch!!! :P

Hey, i can comment in non-beta users di..but some ppl hu do not allow anony comments (only registered users nu irundha), there, i cannot comment, 'coz the username does not identify me as a blogger :(

@ r. subramanian:

Hehe :) Thnx pa!!! :) (*but dunn stop commenting oki.. i wont get tired of listening to those words*) :P

@ ganesh ranganathan:

Hehe :) Its very common here... And yeah, sure, i am using the other option to comment in most of the non-beta blogs..

@ s0ulasylum:

Hehe :) i am lookin liek a Kutti ponnu only with this new hairdo :P

And yeah, cant imagine life without some good food and super deep slumber.. :P

brute said...

whoa!! new hair style, and gre8 weekend everythng was perfect... except mine,,, :(( (my sys conked, ..)

brute said...

and sorry for being late here......

golmaalgopal said...

punctuality = prithz lol!!

evry dog has it's day...so true huh...

wow had pizza eh???visit ma blog...boo hoo...

cabbage-tomato curry...*sslurp* looks inviting :)

cheers...hope u've a gr8 day everyday...

Anonymous said...

I am womdering if ur stats tutor is the same as mine.... The accent sounds the same... "In tis propulum, we shudu write down hyptiz leiku tiz " Thats so typically like my tutor. Wouldn't be surprised if it was!

Temple food was awesome na? Even though it was simple. I like simple :)

You cut ur finger??? I didnt know that! :( Hope ur finger is better now :)

Anonymous said...

asdas

Venkatesh said...

yup.. was little busy getting my phD done.. now its done.. :-)

still got so many other things to do.. ;-) days are running fast..

Priya said...

Your post shows, "someone is working hard".

Krithika said...

hehh..shy ah..aiyo ipdi ellam nalla tamil ponna irukka koodathu! :)

Krithika said...

yes correct..yerkanname nariya pending.ice cream la pathathu aparam enna..shy ah..aiyo ipdi ellam nalla tamil ponna irukka koodathu! :)

Krithika said...

and hey na blogroll pannitaen..vandu paru

Syam said...

naan potta comment enga pochu :-(

prithz said...

@ brute:

Hehe :) indeed, i had a perfect weekend...

And hey, now ur system is fine rite???

@ golmaalgopal:

Hehe :) Thnx thnx.. Neenga kadaisila pija saaptingala, illaya???? :P

@ machogirl:

Hehe :) Is it??? BTW, i guess even all stats tutors have hte same ascent... even my last year tutor used to speak this way. I wasnt able to follow a word.. now, i got used to their ascent.. so much better now :P

And, yeah, temple food - too good... my finger also, i repaired!!!

@ venkatesh:

Ahhhh!!!! (*clap clap clap*).. so now got to call u Dr. Venkatesh huh??? Awesome!!! Hope u get all ur stuff done soon n run back to India for a break.. Good luck!!! :)

@ priya:

Hehe :) Correction - 'Someone is running hard!!!' :P

@ indian buff:

Hey, Welcome to my blog :)

And, yeah, i am not stayin in any house, its jus my room(home) in ma hostel... So, all in one!!!

@ krithika:

Hey, yeanna aachu unnaku??? Ivalooo comments potirkaaa... hehe.. indha rate lah poona, me will hit 100 comments this time nanaikarean!!!

KK, s0ul, syam, karthik laam kaanum, yeannga poonanaga nu theriyala. :( busy ppl...

And btw, naana??? shy ah??? chummma sonnen ma.. :P

@ syam:

Welcome syam brether!!! Neenga class ku late (yeanna maidri)!!! :D

Krithika said...

sorry prithz..ennakku anda comment delete panna varale :(
p.s ipdi solli innum oru comment :)

Archun said...

haha! super cool week eh?? can't wait to see your new hair cut!!

Venkatesh said...

thanks.. yup.. now I am officially Dr. ;-) can't wait to get back to India and enjoy my precious vacation..

looks like you are having lots of fun at your School and your stats class ;-) good and keep it up..

s0ulasylum said...

one more from me here. not busy n all re.. just waiting for a new post from you! :) and kk has been behaving ..sooo.. see we both scared him well enough.. *rubbing hands in glee* now he wont talk too much on ur blog.. muhahahahah!!! :D

KK said...

Prithz - //Ungalukku dhan puliyodharai factory eh irruke//
Puliyotharai factory is Syam's I am just stealing from his facotry and giving it out at discount :)

S0ul - Dont count the chickens before they hatch... Why dont you learn some good things from Prithz, she cleans the temple n all, though the intention is to get some food :), she did something.

Unknown said...

"karthik the great". adhu naane! :D

Adhaane paathen. Innada ennoda kadan increase aagalanu! :(

Mottai adika poringala? :(

prithz said...

@ krithika:

Its oki.. np..

@ archun:

Hm.. u wanna see my new hairstyle..then u better buzz me when u com to pgp.. u simply vanish after eatin in the canteen :((

@ dr.venkatesh:

:P Yeah, me havin lots of fun.. u too take care.. all the best!!!

@ s0ulasylum:

Hehe :) yeah yeah.. jsu when u say he is silent.. he starts off again!!! how can v ever close his mouth yaar!!! :P

@ kk:

Ahaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Cha, naan oru nalladhu pannaa kooda, ppls are findin somethin to gossip abt pa!!! cha!!! insult panniktinga KK :P

And u stealing from syam brether's factory??? irunga.. maati udarean... :P

@ karthik b.s.:

yeah... naraiiiiyyyyaaa paisa seethu vechukoonga.. i will the come n get a big treat outta ur pocket!!! :P

gils said...

prithz...unga aasa theera nethu naan butterscotch icecream saapten...YUMMY it was ..hehe...KK neenga sonna mathiriye prithza otiten...spelling correctanu paathukunga

gils said...

college final year first hour class 99% allied class varum..antha sir seri strict...oru thadava 9 mani clasuku 9.45ku ponen...konjam irupau vethala paaku ellam vaangitu vara aal anupi iruken..inum varlaa..vantha udanay ulla vaantar!! :( poor gills...impt classngarthala side gate vazhiya enter aaiten...ellam Mentos effect thaan :D

logic said...

Tried a lot to comment invain due to beta version.This is another trial

logic said...

Wow able to comment now..
Life is to njoy and you living to the fullest..keep going all the very best

Syam said...

//Puliyotharai factory is Syam's I am just stealing from his facotry and giving it out at discount//

wot is this KK, giving shop coconut to on the way pillayaar, I have to secure my P-factory :-)

s0ulasylum said...

pri: i know exactly!! empty vessels make more noise they say right.. kk is PRIME examaple! :P

kk: im veggie so no chicken.. no eggs.. thank you very much! :)

Himavan said...

Awww..Thats sound an awesome week you had. Hope you continue to have similar, exciting and more interesting weeks ahead...:)

Cheers!

Harish said...

"i snoozed the alarm almost a dozen times and finally forced myself outta bed"
ellarum idae case thaaana...

KK said...

Gils, When did I tell you??? BTW spelling is fine :)
Syam brether...Doesnt matter to which pillaiyar what coconut we give...pillaiyar is always pillaiyar...Similarly puliyotharai is always puliyotharai doesnt matter if you give or I give :) Puliyotharai thayirsaatham aaga mudiyathu, thayir saatham puliyotharai aagamudiyathu :)
S0ul you veggie?? hahah when did they change the meaning??? oh I get you, when beer became cooldrink, egg became veggie, when egg became veggie, the chicken that comes from the egg also became veggie. So you became veggie? Wow! nice :)
Prithz, Since I insulted you in my last comment, I am not insulting you again :)

Keshi said...

good food, play and sleep...the best things in the world.

Nice, warm and happy post Prithz, huggggggggggz!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

btw Prithz I got a much needed haircut last weekend. I was brave and got it all layered too. I was thinking of u then. Check out my 'Saturday Night Fever' post from mon for pics as well.

Keshi.

s0ulasylum said...

wow kk ur analytical skills are most certainly shooting thru the roof.. good analogy .. my analogy for the day.. kk is psycho lad.. lad sounds like rad which in turn is mad with an r... so kk is psycho mad! wow im too good!! *pat on the back* :D

Unknown said...

seri kaasu ippa irundhe sethu vechikiraen! Donch worry! :)

KK said...

S0ul, me psycho mad???? did you write GRE? I doubt it seeing your analogy :)

prithz said...

@ gils:

Ahhhhhhhhh!!! yean yeana ipdi yerupethringa??? idhu ellam kk oda velaiyya... wait wait.. KK va nan aprama gavanichukarean!!! (*hot red air puffin outta prithz ears*)

LOL @ late entry to class!!! Naanum, adhutha tharava, mentos saptu porean!!! :P

@ logic:

Oh!! sad to hear that.. and thnx for patiently tryin again n commenting.. and yeah, life is to enjoy n i am doin jus that.. hope u r having fun in life too!! :)

@ syam:

ROTFL!!! :P syam brether, be careful... kk kitta commision kaelunga!!!

@ s0ulasylum:

Hehe!!! Well said!!! :P surely, this year, i am goin to gift KK one bright pink t-shirt with all bright yellow flowers on them for his b'day.. he desreves that kinda punishment for not gettin me BS icecream n also tryin to encourage other ppl into tellin me that they had BS icecream!!! :((

@ contented:

Hehe :) Yeah.. i will make sure, every day of mine is memorable!!! I have decided to take myself on a super life tour!!! :)

@ harish:

Ikjactttttlyyyyyy!!! :P andha kadaisi few mins of sleep that we grab in the morning, conscious of our sleep, is the best part..

@ kk:

Ahhhhhhhhh!!! neenga insult pannaveandam nu, chamatha irundha gils kitta solli, yeanna verupaetha paakaringalaaaaaaaaa!!! Yeanniki kaanum oru naalaiki ungala meet pannuvean illa, anniki irruku ungalukku vaettu!!!

Seri, btw, unga veggie analogy nalla irruku!!! yeapdi dhan manashaniiku ipdi laam thoonumo!!! yabbbbaaaaaaaaaa!!! :P

@ keshi:

Woooowww!!! U got a layer cut too???!!! dats awesome.. its really the happenin thng now.. isnt it!!! and yeah, i did chk ur fotos.. cute!! :)

food, shoppin, sleep - cant imagine life without these!!! :P

@ karthik b.s.:

Very good!!! I like it!! That;s the spirit!! :)

gils said...

//Similarly puliyotharai is always puliyotharai doesnt matter if you give or I give :) Puliyotharai thayirsaatham aaga mudiyathu, thayir saatham puliyotharai aagamudiyathu :)//

enna oru analogy..boomi urundai..so laddum urundai mathiri iruku..kalkiteenga annathaa..

//S0ul you veggie?? hahah when did they change the meaning??? oh I get you, when beer became cooldrink, egg became veggie, when egg became veggie, the chicken that comes from the egg also became veggie. So you became veggie? Wow! //

enna s0ul mela iruntha bayam poacha

brute said...

50 th comment...... congratss!!!!!!!!!

s0ulasylum said...

if i hadnt taken the analytical exam and scored well.. how else wd i be studing hre kk? i think forget analytical skills.. ur basic common sense has taken a toss!! :P