Monday, January 29, 2007

The Tag Trouble!

A "doctor-to-be" celebrates his bday today! Join in the celebration and lets sing for him a Happy bday song :D


Hiii guys! Hope you are doing good! Long time since i gave you all a warm welcome to my page. Feels quite weird. Anyways, this post is going to be pretty long i guess. So when u have lots of time to kill and the inclination to get to know me better, please continue reading! :) So, here they go - Naked Confessions.

Tagged by
Fun2fun: Five things you don't know about me

1) I love driving my bike and my dad's car. In car, i drove at a max speed of 120kmph (Chennai-B'lore highway). Grandad and me thoroughly enjoyed the drive. So did mom, for a change! One of my dreams is to drive in Autobahn, Germany! :)

2) I am extremely scared of gobbling tablets and capsules. In fact, i dont know how to. I bow down instead of keeping my head high! I would rather choose an injection. Seriously!

3) When i was in class 3, i cried so hard for scoring 9/10 in dictation, that my class teacher called my mom for a meeting and asked her not to nag me to score 10/10 all the time! Poor amma! The word that i spelt wrong was "receive" i guess. Still get mixed up with the i and e at times!

4) In primary school, i had a very close friend. She left to Delhi in class 4 and returned to my school in class 9. She had taken my home address and said she would be in touch, but never did. When i first saw her in school after nearly 5 years, i was so overwhelmed! All those sweet memories flooded my thoughts and i went up to her and excitedly asked, "Hi, how are you?" But she couldn't recognize me. That has been the most embarrassing moment in my life. I tried to help her recollect those memories so that she could relate to me. In vain. Now, I don't want to talk to her anymore.

5) I have had 2 minor operations with local anesthesia. Its been the most horrible and nerve-chilling experience! I was holding one nurse's hand so hard that her palms became numb at the end of the operation. Even today, my heart skips a beat when i recollect the doctor's command to the nurse asking her for the scissors and cotton, while i was wide awake and listening!

On to the next!

Tagged by Ganesh: 50 Questions

1. Were you named after anyone?
No.

2. Do you wish on stars?
No.

3. When did you last cry?
A week ago.

4. Do you like your handwriting?
Yes. Absolutely.

5. What is your favourite meat?
None. Am veggie.

6. What is your most embarrassing CD on your shelf?
Have no such.

7. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you?
Depends on who the other person is. (First off, trying to be another person is wasting the person that i am - would never try that)

8.Are you a daredevil?
Not really.

9. How do you release anger?
Vent it to my parents or my best friend. If venting to parents, push down vessels from the kitchen or remove all the newspapers from the shelf. If venting to best friend, speak it out, occasionally using the little bad words i know. Might pinch also! :)

10. Where is your second home?
My room in university residence.

11. Do you trust others easily?
Attempt not to.

12. What was your favourite toy as a child?
Barbie doll.

13. What class in school/college do you think is totally useless?
History.

14. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Quite often. Also depends on the person and the situation.

15. Have you ever been in a mosh pit?
No.

16.What do you look for in a guy/girl?
Intellectuality, humorous nerve, down-to-earth attitude, sans pretense.

17. Would you bungee jump?
Of course, would love to!

18. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
No. Unless they are really tight to remove without loosening the lace :D

19. What's your favourite ice cream?
Italian icecreams - Butterscotch and Blueberry flavours

20. What are your favourite colours?
Lavender, Aquamarine blue.

21. What are your least favourite things?
Lonliness, Wet shoes, uncomfortable clothes, falling sick, not feeling comfortable or satisfied with myself, performing below the standards i think i am capable of.

22. How many people do you have a crush on right now?
None.

23. Who do you miss most right now?
Mom, dad, grandma, Praddy (Since i have personified my home and bike, i miss them too!)

24. What are you listening to right now?
"No need to say a word" by Raaghav

25. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?
Lavender

26. What is the weather like right now?
Cool and pleasant with gentle breeze.

27. Last person you talked to on the phone?
My dad.

28. The "first" thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Eyes and smile.

29. Do you like the person who sent you this?
Know not much to comment.

30. How are you today?
Calm, in deep thoughts and intrigued in work.

31. Favourite non alcoholic drink?
Butterscotch milkshake and ginger tea.

32. Favourite alcoholic drink?
Have tasted none to comment.

33. Natural hair colour?
Black

34. Eye colour?
Black

35. Wear contacts?'
No

36. Siblings?
None

37. Favourite month?
May

38. Favourite food?
Mom's rasam, Dad's vethakozhambu, Hot chips' Paav Bhaji, Gangothri's Pani poori.

39. Favourite day of the year?
All those days appa gets back from a tour. Amma and me are the happiest people on that day. We miss him so much till then.

40. Have you ever been too shy to ask someone out?
Have never asked anyone out. So don't know how i would feel. However, have often nagged my dad, mom and cousins to take me out :D

41. Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy endings

42. Summer or winter?
Summer

43. Holi or Diwali?
Diwali

44. Do you like your name?
Absolutely

45. What book/magazine are you reading?
Brain by Robin Cook

46. What's on your mouse pad?
No mouse pad only :P

47. What did you watch on TV last night?
Didn't watch tv last night. (haven't watched for more than a month)

48. Favourite Smell?
Mom's rasam, smell of earth before the rain, pavazhamalli in grandma's garden.

49. Have you ever regretted breaking up with someone?
No.

50. Most tiresome thing you’ve ever experienced/done?
The 3.5 hours journey flying back home.

Done! Tks for coming down so far. Cheers and take care. Have a good week. Huggzzzzzz!!! :)

P.S.: Me tags Sat, Gils and Venkatesh. (choose any one or both. Neither is not an option) :D Anyone else who wishes to take it up, feel free to!

59 comments:

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

50 questions are a bit too much.but neway..... the sweeetness is back in ur post.......enjoyed reading it a lot :) so sweeet post sis :D

ithukkagave oru tag vachiruken unakku since u are so much a samathu

brute said...

//When i was in class 3, i cried so hard for scoring 9/10 in dictation,//

well guess wat..there was this gal in my UKG named shruti...who always competed with in class... one day after unit test i guess, we both ended up being first in the class, but somene has to get down to second to get badges...first class, and class leader(second class)...so my class teacher got a brilliant idea asked us to get ready for dictation...hmmm I scored 9/10 and lost to tht gal...after the class I pinched her hard..and ended up gettng kanning on my knuckles :P

Venkatesh said...

attendance first..

Venkatesh said...

nice template change..

"! I would rather choose an injection. "

I am the other way.. I used to be scared for injection and can take tablets easily.. operations with local anesthesia can be scary..

"pavazhamalli in grandma's garden"

ellaroda grandma's gardenlaum pavazhamalli irukum pola.. me like it too.. I used to help them pluck the same by shaking the tree..

tag ellam nalla than eludi irukeenga, ana pogum podhu, "yan petra inbam peruga ivvaiyagamnu" nammala tag pannitu poiteengale?? will try to do the first one, 50 questions romba too much..

KK said...

Very nicely done...

//First off, trying to be another person is wasting the person that i am - would never try that//
No Tension, less tension more work :D

// If venting to best friend, speak it out, occasionally using the little bad words i know. Might pinch also! :)//
Paavam unga friend

//How many people do you have a crush on right now?
None.//
Nambitom nambitom :D

Anonymous said...

rEAL INTERESTING TAG.50 QUESTIONS SEEMS A BIT TOO LONG.bUT GOT TO KNOW A LOT ABOUT YOU.

Arunkumar said...

cute confessions. nice and long :)
//
I bow down instead of keeping my head high
//
LOL :)

ur primary schl embarasment was pretty bad :(

//
Might pinch also! :)
//
inime release ur anger via phone ;)

Arunkumar said...

//
13. What class in school/college do you think is totally useless?
History.
//
the way they teach history is useless not the subject as such. whats the point in making us mug history... damn, i use to hate it too but i realized its actually gr8 to know our history !!!


//
Cool and pleasant with gentle breeze.
//
here itz
Extremely cool and Unpleasant with real harsh snow breeze :P

Rasam is my fav too... Nice post prithz. Have fun :)

Thenraj said...

Dont worry..wht ever u miss in ur home will be soon urs...

Rai said...

"But she couldn't recognize me."

Yes. It's really sad but can't be helped. I met many of my childhood friends at an online community. Most of them recognized me, all right, but they showed no excitement of meeting an old friend after so many years. It hurt at first but I think maybe this is only a normal thing to happen.

A friendly suggestion: don't stop talking to her. Be friendly. Even if she doesn't remembers anything right now, both of you might become good friends again:-)

Who knows?

prithz said...

@ rsubras:
Yeabba! already 4 tags pending la 2 dhan mudirken(micham 2 conveniently forgetten!).. in this rate, i will only keep writing tags nanaikaren :P

Glad i was able to get close to ur expectations :D

@ brute:
LOL! Poor girl man! if u had done that to me, i wud have punched u harderrrrrrrrr!!! :D

@ venkatesh:
Hehe! Ensaai maadi! Ungala post poda vekarthukulla podhum podhum nu aidarthu.. so only this idea :D

ur grandma's garden also got those flowers huh? Soooo sweeeettt! I used to help grandma pluck those flowers for pooja. Smells awesome!

Doctor scared of oosi ya? LOL! ;)

@ kk:
Hehe! Me no tension. Jus one dialog inbetween fit in :D

Friend no paavam n all. Gods only knows my nelamai when that frnd vents anger to me :( So seri poyindhi.

U the nambification of my confessions. Me the very glads :D

@ lalitha:
Yeah, pretty long. But it kinda made me think abt myself. :)

@ arunkumar:
Haha! Thnx! :)

Primary skol matter - i dunt really care now.

Phone vazhiya anger ventings panna, then server down maadiri fone lines down aidum :D

And History - i hate it.Period.

You having snow fall now!! Go make snow mannnnnnnnnn!!!

@ thenraj:
:D

@ rai:
Thnx for dropping by :) Welcome here!

Actually, i am not interested in being friends with her. Not that i wasn't friendly. I wanted to be, tried talking to her. But now that no faint memory of me remains, i feel its no point. It only hurts me and i dunt wish to hurt myself for a mistake i didnt do.

Himavan said...

Oh! so little about you...:P

Sat said...

aaaah!
mandaya pichikalam pola irukku...ippa yaaru yaara tag pannanganu enakku purila
gila ungala tag pannara?....illa neenga gils-aya?
and rendu perum enna tag panniteenga!...eppadiyo....naa en kadamaiyai mudithu vitten!

Sat said...

Hey
me too hate pills, thing is most times i end up swallowing everything but the pill!...i mean that water's all gone but the gloriously bitter pill's still there in my mouth, eeesssh!
And italian ice creams!....wow....u reminded me of my office canteen...oye vellakaari....oru tiramisu kodu (that's the best flavour i've tasted recently)

Ganesh Ranganathan said...

ok so you did the tag finally.....

tasted no alcoholic drink?? you know, cough syrup contains a significant amount of alcohol

Unknown said...

AVP

Ramya Shankar said...

Leetle bad wordsh pree ? Neeya? Apdiya ?
*rolls eyes*

Keshi said...

Lovely to know more abt ya Prithz!

I hate surgery too...and also pills...they scare me :(

Keshi.

Unknown said...

I love driving my bike and my dad's car. In car, i drove at a max speed of 120kmph (Chennai-B'lore highway).

yenakku car-ey ota theriyadhu! :(( Nee greatu!

I hate tablets AND Injections too! Given a choice I would rather starve to death than consume any medicines! Man, I hate medicines!

//When i was in class 3, i cried so hard for scoring 9/10 in dictation//

ivaala yellam thiruthavey mudiyadhu! :P
Naan en full life time-liye 9/10 vaanginadhu illa.. nee innadana..

But I used to make fun of people like u (who cry for not getting 1st rank, not scoring centum etc etc).... pinna inna? Idhukellama azhuvaanga? Appo naan ellam yeppadi azhudhirkanum! :P

//The word that i spelt wrong was "receive" i guess. //

yemma I STILL get that word wrong when i type! :(

That childhood friend (???), free'ah vidu... she doesn't deserve u!

Unknown said...

//I have had 2 minor operations with local anesthesia.//

i have had no operations on me so far...

//7. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you?
Depends on who the other person is. (First off, trying to be another person is wasting the person that i am - would never try that)//

Typical Prithz!!! Always optimistic, content what what u have... and most importanly EXACTLY opposite to me! :)

//13. What class in school/college do you think is totally useless?
History.//

oyiiii... only class which i found interesting after science is HIstory! :)

//17. Would you bungee jump?
Of course, would love to!//

what was not mentioned in this question is: "Would you bungee jump without rope tied??" :D

//22. How many people do you have a crush on right now?
None.//

hmmm..

//50. Most tiresome thing you’ve ever experienced/done?
The 3.5 hours journey flying back home.//

3.5 hours journey'key tired? Sutham!

Unknown said...

@ SAT

//i mean that water's all gone but the gloriously bitter pill's still there in my mouth, eeesssh!//

same pinch, SAT!!!!!!!

prithz said...

@ contented:
Yeah! :D

@ sat:
Haha! i guess gils and me just bumped on each other wid the same tag! LOL!

U too hv trouble wid tablet huh? Hehe! same pinch! I drink mugs after mugs of water, n as u said, the bitter tablet refuses to get down my thraot!

Oh man! Am such a sucker for icecreams! Anytime anywhere ready... right from the kuchi ice thallu vandi that comes to out streets to swensens :D

@ ganesh ranganathan:
Yeah! :)

If cof syrups can be qualified, then i like glycodin the most :D

@ ramya:
Hehe! Na pesarthu nee ketirkiya? azhaga solluven :D

@ keshi:
Thnx Keshi! :)

Guess most of us hate tablets n surgery! They suck!

@ karthik b.s.:
Haha! Porumai romba ve naraiiya unnaku! Pesama unnna tag pannirkalaam polarke! ;)

>>9/10 vaanginathu laam ippo nanaichu paatha oru dream aatam iruku! PHEW! epdi irundha naa...

>>childhood frnd - Dunt care now. Jus felt like mentioning. No feelings :D

>>Personally, i didnt like question 7. At least to me, it makes no sense.

>>History has never been my thing. Dats the one which dropped my 10th marks and i shal hate it forever. :D

>>The wait and anxiety that accompanies the 3.5 hour journey is what tires me. Not in the literal sense of tired :)

Has to be me said...

Sooper patience to do the 50 tag! Rather double tag....!
But well done! :)
PAvum ur parents esp when u r angry!!!Me too doesnt like wet clothes! :)

G3 said...

Hehe.. that was a nice tag to know more about u :-)

G3 said...

vandhadhukku oru vellivizha comment :-)

My days(Gops) said...

//One of my dreams is to drive in Autobahn, Germany! :)//
oh thts really nice.....

// I am extremely scared of gobbling tablets and capsules.//
oh, thn hw abt taking syrup?

//"Hi, how are you?" But she couldn't recognize me. //
u shud've tried tamil cinema style.. :))

//push down vessels from the kitchen or remove all the newspapers from the shelf.//
gud atleast u didnt try to push down the vessels from from from from.......

cool....

Priya said...

Pri: Girl you did a cool tag and just cute. I love lavender too. Barbie dolls hmm wonder lots of colelctions are ther. Did you have a doll house too.

G3 said...

//I am extremely scared of gobbling tablets and capsules//
//I would rather choose an injection//
Me no tablets.. no syrups.. no injections.. edho pona pogudhunnu ointments vena use pannuven :P

// I have had 2 minor operations with local anesthesia//
Deivamae.. eppadi ippadilaan.. oru vaati naan appavoda vandila college ponappo bike skit aagi kaila sema scratches.. adha clean panna doctor edho solution kaila apply pannanga.. annikku naan alarina alaralla engamma ponnu azharadha paaka sagikkaama dr rooma vittu velila poitaanga.. adhukkappuram andha hospital pakkamae pogala.. veetlayae edho dettol hot waternnu self cleaning dhaan :)

//13. What class in school/college do you think is totally useless?
History//
I just hate history and zoology.. :)

Syam said...

BSK maathiri double tag ah...but it was nicely done...g8 job :-)

Syam said...

//this post is going to be pretty long i guess//

pretty long illa 5 mile long :-)

Syam said...

//The word that i spelt wrong was "receive" i guess//

3rd std naa evalo paravalla...naan ellaam 3rd yr varaikum neraya spelling mistake pannuven...athuku appuram ennanu ketka koodathu...summa oru rhyming kaaga sonnen... :-)

Syam said...

//primary school//

primary school,secondary school nu periya padippu ellam padichu irukeenga pola :-)

Syam said...

//push down vessels from the kitchen or remove all the newspapers from the shelf//

ithuku thaan athigama tamil cinema paarka koodaathu...ithuku peru Heroine Effect :-)

Ms Congeniality said...

good one..had the porumai to go through the entire one..we do have lots in common :-)

Intrepid traveller's dairy said...

hey preethi...came to read your blog after a long time...seems like you are also in a roll in tagging people...hope things are going great at your end...

Venkatesh said...

Hehe! Ensaai maadi! Ungala post poda vekarthukulla podhum podhum nu aidarthu.. so only this idea :D"

cha nan postu pottalum podalinu than solluviya?? I have put 4 posts last week.. :-)

yes.. my grandma's garden also has pavazhamalli.. I used to be very interested in gardening when I was young..

Himavan said...

Awwww....what a surprise. Thank you soooo much for kind gesture. I appreciate it a lot. means a lot to me...:)

Btw, the cake tastes yummy...:))

prithz said...

@ has to be me:
Hehe! :D Was kinda fun doing it. Some questions made me think!

Amma appa nelamaiya yeannanu solrathu..hmmm.. :P

@ g3:
Hehe! Velli vizha ku for u special meals :D

Naanum maximum doctor kitta porathu avoid pannuven.. aana amma appa force panna wat else to do.. doctor ah poi sight adichuthu vara vendiyathu dhan :)

zoology class pudikaatha.. yaarkita solringa nu therinjundu sollingo :)

@ mydays)gops):
Autobahn wud be super cool! Neenga ootirkela anga?

Syrup sapduven...aana indha vayasula poi doctor kitta tablet vendaam, syrup ah kodungo nu sonna, doctor vidra look iruke... aandava!

Tamil cinema style ku senti paarti illa na :)

@ priya:
Thks Priya! Same pinch on lavender! Well, i used to love barbies, but had only 1-2. :)

@ syam:
Yeabbaaaa!!! Unga blog la sound vittathuku indha effect ah! oru oru post kum indha music paadinena, then my comment count wil increase! :) Thnx for readin the post amidst ur busy schedule :D

@ ms.congeniality:
Wow! So sweet!

@ random thoughts from chennai to canada:
Heyyy! Long time! msn la buzz panne anniki, guess u were busy. All fine here di. Hope u are doin good too. Take care n do keep in touch.

@ venkatesh:
Neenga 'vecha kudumi saracha mottai' policy follow pandrelo?

@ contented:
Was my pleasure! :D

gils said...

echooseme..nan erkanavay intha 50 kostins tag potuten...u 2 bayanthufy with medicine ...same here..medical thrillers padika kooda slighta bayam..somehow it sends a chill down my spine to even see a frame of the operation theater...

gils said...

dictation part kaamudi..wen i scored 10/10 in UKG en neighbour in class semmaya killified me...adhunga twin...naan badiluku renduthaiyum klli..adhunga avan ananana kootundu vanthiruchu..tt buffalo was in 2nd std...ena nalla saathitan..luckily class miss paathutaanga..naan pana galataala paiyan tc vangama thapichathu periya matter...idula missukuku thriyatha matter enana..i complained to my cousin who was in 4th and antha paiyan ivana saathitaan :D :D heheh...wat goes round comes round...

golmaalgopal said...

cool tag...very st fwd...enna pannardhu 50 questions aache.... :))

rommmmbbbbbbbbaaaaaaa porumai... :))

golmaalgopal said...

and hey me too brutus at d dictation test...similar incident happened...and same word too... :)

Intrepid traveller's dairy said...

Aama di..i left it on adhuku appram some update came along and restarted itself...apprama i got to see the msgs di...blogging oru maadhiri vitaachu...no compulsion di...moreover,any topic i think about appears to be a stupid one...how is your new semester di??eppo ooruku pore??

prithz said...

@ gils:
Theiyaama taggiten gils. Seems like we got each other into this tag at the same time. :)

Neenga sonnathu aprama, i am reading that book, Mutation by Robin Cook. Super scene it is.

Skol matter seri comedy. Seriyaana vaalu ah irundhirpinga polarke.

@ golmaalgopal:
Haha! U too brutus ah! Super. Come the Hi5! :D

@ randome thoughts from chennai to canada:
Oh! Its oki di. If u spot me online anytime, buzz me.

As far as bloggin is conserned, its all your choice. So just chill.

Ooruku porathu pathi chat la solren :)

gils said...

incredible risk...try tt too..title not sure..but robin cook book..first time padikarachay...romba oori poiten...wen the "incident" happens..slighta bayanten..ulti book..but sotha ending..chk it out if 'vent already

Aconfusedsoul said...

pritz,
thanks for taking up the tag!! :) epapdi thaan ivalo kostins ku answer pannringalo!!
anyways, had a nice read!! :)

Unknown said...

@ syam

//BSK maathiri double tag ah...but it was nicely done...g8 job :-) //

aama yellame copy! bad! :)

prithz said...

@ gils:
Books ku laam poi bayantingala! Aandava! Yeannaku bayam nu illa, but suspense dhan thaangathu. will try the book that u mentioned. :)

@ fun2fun:
Haha! NP! Was fun doin the tag too :)

@ karthik b.s.:
//BSK maathiri double tag ah...but it was nicely done...g8 job :-) //

BSK, bold letters ah konjam padichuko :) "But" nu oru vaarthai pootu, unga katchi ppl unnaye kavuka paakaraanga :)

Unknown said...

//"But" nu oru vaarthai pootu, unga katchi ppl unnaye kavuka paakaraanga :)//

dho da! Yenga katchi kulla poosala uruvaaka paakriya? NEVER!

Yaar ippo andha madhriri sollitaanga? syam dhaane?

aana onnu mattum sollikirean ketuko Prithz,

"naana adichupom pudichipom... aana onnu sendhukuvom!"

so yengala seendi paatheenga, sedhari poiduveenga!

prithz said...

@ karthik b.s.:
Yeabba.... unmaiyya sonna, ipdi kovam varuthu! :D tension ah kora first, BP egirikum nu nanaikaren :)

50th comment :D

Unknown said...

naan dhaan 50th commentaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

what treat have i got?????????????

Harish said...

Too many similarities :-)

Chris Benoit said...

oh naan illaya 50th comment! :(

haiyoo haiyoo!

Seri new post pleassseeee! :)

Macho Girl said...

wow.. its been so long since i visited anyone's blog! even my own! Good to be back here and see such an interesting post. Now we know a little more about prithz :)

Has to be me said...

time 4 new post! :)

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

ennathan un post deserves 50+ comments every time naalum, ippadi 50 thaandi varanumngarathukkaga nee wait panitu irukka koodathu new post podarathukku :p

Priya said...

u were vetti enuf to do the tag..i am vetti enuf to read it :)

..p..

prithz said...

@ karthik b.s.:
New post will hv to wait :)

@ harish:
Same pinch :D

@ macho girl:
Hey.. nice to see you arnd. :) Hope lessons are goin fine.

@ has to be me:
Waitesse :)

@ rsubras:
Nakkal too much i tell u! U have to do waiteese also :)

@ priya:
Glad u were vetti enuf to read :)

Priyankari said...

Hey, grt tag and very ineresting!