Friday, May 12, 2006

A Journey into those Golden Days


Wat to say?? How to say?? I hate to repeat... But i love to confess - With just 2 weeks since my holidays began, i am thoroughly enjoying it and i still have a long vacation to enjoy and get myself charged up for a whole new year... Yipeeeeeeeee... I guess i will go bananas by the end of these holidays...


Yesterday was my best friend's bday... poor thing.. she had college and later her parents had different plans of visiting a local temple... so i couldnt spend much time with her... I gave her a gift and we were chatting for sometime... Our conversation slowly drifted from the present to our school days and the fun that we used to have together...though we have been to the same tution classes and live in the same street... Both of us have never been class mates in school... and the irony in the whole story is that she remembers all that used to happen in my class, much better than i do... i used to tell her my class jokes and happenings... she remembers them all... with such accuracy... her memory is simply mindblowing!!!


School days are incomplete without a mention of my teachers... I have had all sorts of teachers - teachers who were extremely friendly... with whom we could share anything and everything in the world... teachers who came to class.. dictated notes and slept in the remaining period... teachers who had me in their good books... and those who had me in their bad books as well... those who used to finsh off their portions well in advance and give away their periods for us to play games... i simply loved all my teachers... this reminds me of my tuition teacher... she was a wonderful person... very strict and demanding nonetheless... We were a group of 10 who used to walk to her class as soon as school gets over... We used to buckle under pressure when we had to disclose our marks, for she was satisfied with nothing less than a 100... Those are unforgettable days i simply would love to revisit...


Moving on... I simply had a blast during my school days... Though i was branded as a "sincere and systematic" girl in my class... i had fun in my own way... I didnt have the guts to cut classes and roam around school... but i had enough in me for a short nap in the first bench during physics classes... I cant forget the games periods... Among girls, i guess i was the only enthusiast in games...i used to play either cricket(i know that sounds strange) or basketball... and i had this sole mate who used to sincerely throw the ball, watch me as i flick the ball all around the ground and pick the ball myself... all my other class mates used to have a stroll in the ground or simply sit down to complete their homework...


I was chatting with one of my classmates last night and he reminded me of this one.... When we were in our 9th class, the guys in my class and a few girls decided to play cricket in one friend's place... Each one of us were from one corner of chennai, we could not occupy any ground in our locality since they were dominated by the locals there... so we decided to play in the street itself... We had a mixed team of both boys and girls... equally matched... The game went on really interesting... i didnt manage to do so well with the bat, but atleast gathered a few runs for my side, considering the fact that my class guys were experimenting all sorts of spins against us, girls.... later, our team had to bowl... with no other choice, the guys had to give the girls a chance to bowl as well... when my turn came, i did the come-on-see-my-spin kinda thing and managed to get one guy out... thats the last i can remember of guys teasing me for my cricket... The guy who fell for my ball had a tough day...I guess our team won the match that day...


Lots more to add to my list - chemistry lab pranks with chemicals, our own computation of values in the physics lab, lunch break drama's and music concerts, corridor fashion parade, exam time hulla baloo, farewell party.... sooooo many to add... i guess i will write a whole new blog on each... those days were simply amazing... I sometimes curse my brain to have forgotten certain incidents... But the beauty is that i have my friends who can remember things that i dont... and our conversations and reminiscences bring such episodes to life once again... I cant wait to meet them in these holidays and have another game of cricket in the scorching sun, sweating ourselves, with parched throats and in total form once again!!!!


10 comments:

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

:)

romba nalla narration.... intha padathula varume athu pola as i read, some one narrated (with the exact feelings) pola irunthathu

so u are the chamathu type of student is it?? athai direct ah sollama suthi valaichu had fun in my own way nu solre ;)

Venkatesh said...

Hey Pritz,
sweeeet post.. instigates nostalgic feelings of my school days.. looks like you are having the most of the holidays.. i need some holidays now.. ;-)

Venkatesh said...

btw thanks for stopping by my "inactive" blog.. i hope I could find some time to write something..

Anonymous said...

well quite true..school buddies always reamin our favourites...their memories always haunt us as we come across those memory-inducing things...your school ground or your group foto...whatever be it...

But time really creates a change on them pal...i just realized it...

prithz said...

@ r.subramanian:

Thanks!!! (*blushes*)

Not really chamathu, but ya, i was sincere and stuff... but i used to do all pranks...

@ venkatesh:

Hmm.. ya.. i am having total fun... Hope u too have a wonderful summer...

@ vicky:

But time really creates a change on them pal...i just realized it

(*wondering wats wrong*)Hmm.. yes.. time does change.. but also realise that time also cures... so cheer up buddy... enjoy ur vacation...

Intrepid traveller's dairy said...

nice post...school friends are the ones that shape u as a person...they too have to get the credit for what we are today..ofcourse majority of the credit goes to family and teachers....but sometimes the discussions we have with them can have a huge impact in our way of thinking

AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

soo much happening in such a short span of time. wow u r rockin in the vacation :)
Lucky U !!!

prithz said...

@ random thoughts from chennai to canada:

Exactly!!! Friends can play an important role in shaping our outlook... each one of us are in one corner of the world and there are so many things to share...

@ ajay:

Yup!!! I am having fun!!! My much needed break i suppose... :)

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

have a break have a kit kat :)

but post the next one

Archun said...

you've named n written it perfectly!! Those were awesome golden days!! You know what? Before I came to PSBB, I used to hate going to school... but though I've never got full attendance, I loved going to school here! I guess co-ed makes it all the more fun - with whom you can play good old street cricket too!!