Monday, May 08, 2006

What a day it was!!!

Ha... the start of vacations has been really wonderful... i have been having nothing but fun... i came back last tuesday...and guess what i did first after gettin back home...i was admiring the sweet lil garden that my mom has set up... though there were no flowers at the dead night, i felt as if the plants were giving me a welcoming smile... :) Later i rushed to my room, just to find it as neat as ever.. jus like how i had left it.. my star - Dravid's poster, my paintings and the smell of old books brought back reminiscences of my school days... My mom had prepared potato roast and onion sambar, my favourite... The next day too passed off by calling up friends and attending a family function...


On Thursday, i had the best freak out ever... My cousins badly wanted a break from their routine school life and they found my arrival the right opportunity to hang out together.... My aunt, three of my cousins and myself went out to abirami megamall... First, we got tickets for the "Snow Land" and prepared ourselves with the jacket, gum boots and gloves... When we entered the place... wow... the temperature inside was extremely low.. and we began playing with the snow and the sledge... After a long time, i found a slide that i could get on!!! I was so excited that i went up and down the slide so many times, throwing snow balls at my cousins.... Its not often that one gets to go on a slide in the 18th year of life... So, i gave it the full go...


Next, the most interesting, crazy, scary and funniest part came its way... We went into a newly introduced theme game called "Scary House"... Though i dont believe much in ghosts or demons, i am at times scared of the dark... i managed to gather some courage, basically because i was the eldest among my cousins ;)...Slowly when our turn came, we walked one behind the other into the dark empty room... the youngest of my cousins was pushed forward leading our group... i was holding on tight to his shirt... others followed hugging the one in front and expecting the worst...


POP!!!.. came a guy in scary black robes and long hair hanging loosely over his shoulders... thats all i could see of him in the dark..
the place was really gross with humans hanging upside down as if they were dead, long black ribbons and tree roots hanging from the ceiling... We were shouting our throats out just for the fun of it... We were finding our way through in the dark, when suddenly a man (or better, a ghost) rushed towards us... to increase the fear, he began hitting down a broken cot on the floor... that was one instant i really felt my heart in my throat... i could barely hear myself shouting... and my cousins and i sprintered out of the immediate exit that came our way (*fortunately*)...


All the four of us were panting and sweating terribly when we realised that my aunt was missing... The two guys, my cousins went to the ticket counter shouting out loud, " yenga mummy ulla matinta.. oh no... please help!!!"... i stood outside staring at the exit door to see if there was any sign of my aunt getting out... after a few minutes of anxiety, she casually walked out... A wave of relief passed us...we were then questioning my aunt as to why she was late and this is what she said, "Anga ennaku kanne theriya... neenga ellarum fasta vera odipoitale.. ennala odamudiyala... adhunala angaye irundha oruthiya kai pudichu konduvida sonnen!!!" (Meaning, "You guys ran fast, i could neither see anythin nor could i run like u people. So i asked one of the ladies there to help me find my way") We all burst out laughing... The very thought that my aunt having asked the help of a ghost in the house set all of us in splits...


Also, the guy who had pounced on us at the end had just settled down after scaring us and was gettin ready to scare the next set of people, when my aunt walked into that room... though taken aback by her entry, he has tried to pounce on her...but my aunt has casually commented, "irrunga sir... nan poidren!!!" (meaning, "hold on sir, let me go!!" Oh my God... i cant remember laughing so hardly for anythin else in my life... jus imagine how the guy in black would have felt when he heard such a comment... Poor Fellow!!!


The day passed off with the narration of this incident to all at home and everyone were in peals of laughter... It has been really long that i had laughed out so loud, from the bottom of my heart forgetting every single worry of mine... Laughter does cure afterall... i realised it that day... and yes.. not to forget... i was feeling so young... enjoying like a kid.. throwing snow balls and runnin around... It was indeed refreshing... my much needed break... I am really enjoying it... Hope all you guys have a great summer... I just remembered this cute quote... "The most wasted of all days is one without laughter" ... lol :) Keep smiling and laughing...

15 comments:

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

nice narration...straight from the heart :)

>>The very thought that my aunt having asked the help of a ghost in the house set all of us in splits

etho scooby doo cartoon la vara situation maathiri irunthuchu :)

ok..do cast your vote today

prithz said...

@ r.subramanian:

Thanks for your compliment!!! Yes, the whole evening was something like the scooby doo thing... lol...

And ya.. i jus came bk after voting...

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

datz nice :)

hey jus a suggestion... why not think of template change??

there are some nice choices here

http://blogger-templates.blogspot.com
http://freetemplates.blogspot.com/

Venkatesh said...

nice post.. reminds me of Haunted Manson ride at Disney Magic Kingdom..

~Venkatesh

prithz said...

@ r.subraminian:

Thnx for the links.. but am having problem in changing the font colour... shall try to chg it soon... thnx for ur suggestion..

@ venkatesh:

Thnx for dropping by venkatesh... i havnt been there... hope to see that place too!!! My dad was describing something resembling a Horror House that he saw in Madame Tussauds, London.

AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

Aawww.
You seem to have had all the funn in the world. Cool day. Cool outing.
Childhood Revisited ?
Better still shud we call it
Baby's Day Out ???

prithz said...

@ Ajay:

Exactly!!! I am having all the fun in the world this summer!!!

Anonymous said...

well..had a great day uh??...that was funny to read that as well...Me too quite busy with my frenz...planning to write something after getting to karur with dad...enjoy your holidays...which i am sure you are doing...Think of the dreadful days we have to face in university...with stresful stdies..lol...

prithz said...

@ vicky:

Am jus charging up myself for another semester!! Enjoy ur holidays... Have fun wid ur friends...

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

u talk about different font color for different post is it??

that cud anyway be changed easily by changing at the style tag i guess

:)

prithz said...

@ r.subramanian:

Yup, font colour change for a post.. i know where to change, but the problem is that the colour is not changing.. some problem that settings page...

Intrepid traveller's dairy said...

looks like you are having a blast and enjoying your vacation to the max....after all it is needed after a hectic year....

this horror incident reminded me of something that happened 2 years ago.It was halloween and there was a haunted house in our institute.My friends and I wanted to check it out to see the level of scariness.We went it and it was really dark and randomly people began pulling our legs...our dress...and in the middle of our yelling I heard my best friend who was actually one of the person scaring us.I began to call her name and started talking to her and she couldn't reply back because it was her job to scare us.On the other hand she couldn't control her laugh either.A couple of my friends had fallen down.I failed to realize that and I infact walked on them by accident.In the end while I was coming out,a guy dressed in black began to scare me and the door was right behind him.So I punched him in his stomach and ran out.It was really hilarious and everytime I spotted the guy whom I punched,I had to apologise.

prithz said...

@ random thoughts from chennai to canada:

Hahahaha!!!! (*in peals*) That was really funny... It would have turned out to be a comedy show rather than something meant to scare u... i still keep laughing out loud thinking of this incident... how did u manage to identify the guy in the dark??? i was moemntarily blinded.. and later when i saw the scary stuff hanging all around... i closed my eyes... and simply walked behind my cuz... lol...

Intrepid traveller's dairy said...

after i punched this dude i found the door and ran out...and he came behind me to see who i was...you wouldn't believe how much my friends laughed at me and the entire incident...i was hanging on to some friends...some not only fell but they ended up putting their legs in wierd slimy stuff and thats when they fell down and i walked over them...not realizing anything in the dark until they began to yell my name...ofcourse i was being cursed for all my actions in the dark...

prithz said...

Woh!!!! Seems like a real comedy movie... poor guy.. must have got hard from you... i can imagine the place u had been is much scarier than the place i went... people simply shout out loud to creat such an ambience... gr8 experience nonetheless...