Thursday, October 19, 2006

Will i ever grow up?!?!


Helllllooo peoplessss!!! How u guys doin???? Hope u guys are gettin ready to rock diwali this year!!! Am as excited as ever to welcome diwali. Strange as it may seem, i have so many plans for diwali. But ironical enough, i am clueless about what i am goin to do!!! Haha!! Oki, before i start off with the topic of the blog, here goes this week's highlights....

1> I put up a decent show in my molecular biology exam!!!! Atleast, i think i did good for the effort i had put in.. usually, i get pissed off when my efforts dunt pay off (anyone does for that matter)..but this time, i was indeed happy with myself that i got moa an icecream!!! Haha!! cute huh???


2> After a long time in the history of my exam preparations, i finished preparing for 2moro's stats exam 19 hours ahead of time!!! I guess the last time i did such a thing was when i was in class 5!!! Proabably, its all stats prof's influence now!! :D


3> As diwali is fast approaching, i thot i would clean up my room and do my laundry much sooner than i usually do! Unfortunately, to do laundry, we need 20 cents for activating the washing machine and the drier, which i didnt have!! Thanks to the vending machine in the common room, i exchanged my 10 cents for 20 cents!!! (*this is a secret many juniors in university dunno!!! so finger on your lips!!!*) Then, after washing, i found to my horror that no drier was working!!! Shit thing!!! Later, i had to steal the clothes line stand from the kitchen. I silently sneaked it into my room, only to find that it was broken!!! No wonder, somebody had dumped it in the kitchen!!! Still, i managed to make it stand in one unstable equilibrium! I had to skillfully hang the clothes alternately on both sides, so that it balances!!! I carefully managed to hang the didnt-wash-me-for-more-than-a-month jeans so that it doesnt disturb the existing precarious setup. Anyways, now its all dryin up.. so lets keep fingers crossed!!! LOL!!


Oki, now enough of my mundane stuff... Let me get to the topic...


Two weeks ago, i bought kellogg's choco balls and frosties. Now, dunt ask me wats so great abt that. Jus listen up! So, yeah.. as usual , one evening, i opened the choco balls pack to munch while studying! :P Little did i know i had a surprise inside! I found a cute smiley spoon in that!!! I got sooooo bloody excited that i immediately started using that for eating breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper, chips - practically everything. The next morning, i opened frosties for breakfast and i found another smiley spoon there!!! WooooW!!! Super cool na!!!


I collected 2 colours.. got to collect the other 2 colour spoons - blue and red!!! :D


I know all this sounds quite insane from a girl who is slowly going to slip outta her teens in a few months time. But, i am this weird combo, who is a total freak for cosmetics on one side and on the other, loves anything that is kids stuff!!!!! When at home, we used to get such kiddo stuff for free (when i buy biscuits or chocis!!!). Usually, i never got a chance to keep them for myself. Mom and dad felt it was too stupid of me to play with such stuff and they used to pass it on to my other younger cousins! I wouldnt mind that tho! But i remember collecting tazo's that used to be given with ruffles lays!!! I collected so many that my cuzns got jealous. One day when i was away to skol, they took the whole pack from my home. I was searching for it all over the house. I even suspected my mother for throwing them away in the name of cleaning my shelf! Later, when i went to my cuzn's place, i found all my prized collections there!!!


Apart from the my interest in such goodies, i am this character who digs into her dad's travel bag and suitcase when he returns from a tour! I am such a selfish soul that i dunt even bother to ask him about his trip. But of course, i am kind enough to snatch the heavy bag, unpack it for him and check if he has got me anything!!! :P With a dad who travels a lot, i know exactly wat to look for when he returns from his tour! If he is gettin bk from cochin - banana chips, madurai - lovely jasmine (for mom!! :P), bombay - some books for me(this was during harry potter season-pirated books!!), pune - bakarwadi, delhi - some nice tops, lucknow - chicken work salwar!!! Apart from these if he travels by flight, then first thing that i look for are the dairy creamer packets!!! :P


This reminds me of my dad's first visit to Europe. This was when i was in primary school. While everyone in our family were anxious and a bit worried about his first overseas travel, i was one kid who was totally excited about the whole thing! It was rather a matter of pride for me to boast to my frnds - "Hey, u know wat??? My appa is goin to Europe! Jolly!! He said he will get me lots of chocolates. Dunt tell anyone oki.. i will bring some to skol and share with you during biscuit break!!!" (*i used to wink at them after that!!*) Yeah!!! One week later, he returned at around 3-4am in the morning! And i was wide awake, not to welcome him, but his suitcase!!! But guess what??? He did get lots of chocolates. But sadly, enough, i was expecting that he get me some soft toys, but he got me one piggy that would skip!!! He also got an octopus clock!!! Yeakkssss!!! So scary it was!! OMG!!! I then felt i was a "big girl" to be playing with a pig that would go around the house skippin if switched on!!! For heaven's sake, i cant tell my frnds about his piggy that dad so lovingly got for me! I was sooo upset that day!!! I was like, "Appa, in London, arent there any soft toys?? Y of all the things u got me this pig??? My frnds will mock at me if i tell them u got me a piggy!! I dunt like it at all.. go to london again n get me somthing else!!!" Poor thing!!! Only now can i understand how bad he would have felt to hear those words from me! Every cuzn of mine born after me has played with that piggy!!! Now, my 1 year old neice plays wid it too!!! Frankly, i meddle wid it when i go home!!! :D


Today, i am miles away to even think of digging into my dad's suitcase when he returns from a tour. But, whenever i chat with him, he does tell me that he has all the diary creamer packets saved for me in the fridge!!! "Sooo cute!!!" This is wat makes me feel if i will ever grow up!!! Last year, around the same time was my first diwali in s'pore and away from my family. The very same day, a year ago, my dad and mom sent me a gift for diwali along with a letter. It was the first hand written letter from my mother!! :) Truely amazing!!!


I dunno y i suddenly got so senti. But yeah, another diwali away from home reminded me of these incidents. So, jus felt like sharing this with you guys.. hope i didnt bore u too much. I shall stop here.. Me looking forward for a wonderful diwali with frnds!! I leave u guys with my warm diwali wishes!! Have a colourful, happy and safe diwali!!! Have a blast and enjoy yourselves!!! take care.. huggggzzzzzzzzzz!!!! :)

p.s. : shall try to post pics of the piggy and octopus clock in my next post! :)

31 comments:

brute said...

brute shud be rewarded properly for being first one to comment

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

very nicely written..esp the second half (the ones written after the picture :))

appadiye varisaiya entha oor la ethu special nu therinju vachirukke very good very good...... When u return to chennai na...... naanga ellorum will look into ur travel bag engalukku enna kondu vanthirukenu :p

piggy that could skip........ that is interesting preethz...... ithai poi vendam nu sollitiye.....how bad..itz ok..pass it on to me ;)

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

and brute's comment is declared void and will not be considered for the special icecream prize as the rules clearly says that only those who first comments i.e who read the post and comment for that post will be awarded the first prize.... hence according to the rules and regulations Mr.R.Subramanian is handed over the prize :p

Syam said...

so you have done your exams well...gud girl keep it up...we also do the same trick...for parking we have to put 25 cents coin..if we are running out of it... go to a vending machine insert the dollar bill and press the money return button...tan tan tan tan...4 coins :-)

Syam said...

yeppa evalo periya post...anyways if you bring out your feelings you will feel light...so that you can enjoy diwali fun....

WISH YOU A SAFE AND WONDERFUL DIWALI!!!

KK said...

Hey Prithz... Nice post! You got Bakarwadi from pune??? wow! I love them :)
Your dad got you a piggy that jumps around?? hehehe he would have thought it resembles you being hyper active and jumping around :) hehehehhe (Jus Kidding) :)
I also used to wait for my dad for the same reason whenever he travelled :)
All the best for your stats exam!!!

Wish you very Happy Diwali!!! Have fun!!! :)

Bharani said...

As usual well written :))...sema sentiba...

Wishing you also a Very Happy & Colorful Diwali :))

G3 said...

aaha.. Prithz.. Unga bloglayum me not getting a chance for first comment :( As usual kalakkal post..

/go to london again n get me somthing else/
Aanalum idhu romba too muchaakkum :P

All the Best for ur exam!!

Wishing you a happy, safe and a prosperous Diwali!!!

Unknown said...

adhukulla 8 comments????? x(

valakampola padichitu marubadiyum vandhu comment panren. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks to the vending machine in the common room, i exchanged my 10 cents for 20 cents!!! (*this is a secret many juniors in university dunno!!! so finger on your lips!!!*) Seri, unga hostel office no. please???

Adhu spooonaa? Paakarthukku karandi madhiri irukkku? Adhu seri, unakku adhu dhane correcta irukkum! :)

It was rather a matter of pride for me to boast to my frnds
aama pudhukottaiya Rockfort nu friends kitta sonnava dhaane nee? :)

He said he will get me lots of chocolates. Dunt tell anyone oki..

aaapppy diwali...

golmaalgopal said...

nice post prithz...me too romba nalllllla paiyan in helping my dad unpack his bag(till i get my stuff that is) :))

happy diwali to u too...ensoi... :)

Ramya Shankar said...

U have a super cool Diwali too ! And as for that chocolate during biscuit break, I remember getting a share too ! 6-M ! Padmaja's science class!!!!!! Whoooo!

Ganesh Ranganathan said...

cute post, kiddo

Prasanna Parameswaran said...

happy diwali preethi!will come back later for a comment :)

Venkatesh said...

Pritz:
nice post direct from the heart.. :-)

looks like every kid has this curiosity of exploring dads briefcase..

I used to inspect my dads briefcase too.. hoping to find some pens or pencils or just something interesting..

gone are those days..

my niece used to regularly inspect my fathers and he buys Lays chip, chocolates etc., inside his briefcase for them to enjoy..

happy diwali..

so icecream sappitu unga energy come back aacha??

btw last postla nan ularunathellam physicsnu Newton or Einstein kaeta thuukku than...

Anonymous said...

hey pri! how are you doing baby girl?? :) well, wish you a very very happy diwali too.. hope you have a great yr ahead. very cute post girl! well, hope u get home soon and wade thru ur dad's travel bags and pick out the creamer packets sooon! :)
take care.

Anonymous said...

oi prithz..

i knew from the start u'd do well in tat mol biology test..cool! n too much.. fini ur prep 19 hrs beforhand huh.. i detest tis! next time u proclaim something lik tat in public..il act lik i dint knw u.. wink wink!! :)

huh.. isnt ur room alwez spic n span..madam, u don hav to sit n clean it.. wheras, i hav to slog wid mine..!

hey! knw wat.. i stil remember de toblerone(s) u used to give me in class.. n u used to say in whisper- "hey don tel anyone else da, im givin only to a few of u".. i used to eat it as soon as i got bak home (sometimes even without removing my shoe..) !!

Keep smilin
Prad

PS: as far as i can remember, u nevr used to boast so much abt uncle's trips..as long as the chocs kept comin..who bothers really!! :)

Macho Girl said...

great to hear mol bio went on well! :D And stats... well... i guess if the prof is influencing u in a good way... then u can prolly keep him for urself... I will back off :P i'll go chasing cute guys who are somewhere around my age (and single! :P)

And ya... i also love to dig my dad's (or even my mum's) suitcase after a trip! My dad goes to germany so often, that at any given point of time, it is very likely that u will find a few chocoloates sitting in my fridge!! He buys them by the dozen! :D :D :D

Happy diwali girlie! Hope you have a wonderful day :)

Krithika said...

happpy diwali!!!!:) cool! exams are on..so they'l get over soooon..and then board the flight,come home..hug amma and appa..Yaaay! time just flew..after I read this,i just got reminded of one of ur posts..months ago..abt how bad u felt for leaving home and all..anyways,good luck for exams! n as for tat suitcase dig..same here..u know sumtimes i keep sniffing it..have u noticed it gives a nice smell? :P and yes..yes..collecting mickey spoons,plates etc etc also

Unknown said...

no time even to reply to the comments??? Busy pola? :)

Has to be me said...

Hey theres no need to grow up.... better 2 b childlike! :) I used 2 help my dad unpack too! ;p

prithz said...

@ brute:

Oki! But where is ur comment? :P

@ r.subramanian:

Hiiii annaaaaa!!! Surely u will get icecream.. aana, diwali spl ku i thot i will give u amma's theenga burfi n thattai??? epdi?? :)

Glad u liked the post.. andha piggy aathula dhan irruku... i play wid it now!!! :P

ungalukku s'pore leandhu gift ah??? sure sure!! y not!! :)

@ syam:

Thnx a lot syam brether!! :) hope u n ur family had a nice diwali!!

Tan tan tan!!! Haha!! Neengaluma??? super duper :)

@ kk

Hiya KK!! Hows u??? Hope diwali was good.

n u too loves bakarwadi??? WAH!! hi5 man!!

Oh!! me skippin like piggy?? Hmm.. i guess so !! :P

@ bharani:

Thnx!! Hope u have a nice diwali!!

@ g3:

Itz ogaey g3. next time fishtu place pudichudunga!!! :P

Appo yeannatha theriyum, london poitu varthu saadarana vishiyam illa nu??? adhunaala apdi solliten polarku..

Hope u had a nice time this diwali! :)

@ karthik b.s.:

Hmm... spoon dhan :) too much kalasing!!! grrrr...btw... nan 20 cents coins yedukarthu onnum ruel vishiyam illa... v can take.. but jsu that v dutn want our jr's to know..else. everytone will use this tactic!! :P

hope ur diwali went on fine...

@ golmaalgopal:

Haha!!! same-to-same ah neengalum!!! jolly!!! namba ellarum saendhu oru "V love dad's travel bag" nu oru club start pannalam.. wat say???

Thnx for ur wishes.. hope u had a nice diwali!

@ rums:

Haha! BINGO!!! ikjaactly di.. suepr fun no!! :)

anyways.. how was diwali di???

@ ganesh ranganathan:

danku!! :D

@ indianangel:

Thnx a lot! Hope u had fun this diwali!! :)

@ venkatesh:

Yelo!!! how was diwali???

Neengalum dad's suitcase unpackings ah??? LOL!! didnt know so many ppl do this !!! :P

iceceeeeam saaptu.. super energy!! :P

and yeah...indha maadiri pijics laam keka koodadhunu dhan, newton,einstein laam.. appove byebye poitaanga!! :P

@ soulasylum:

Hey!!! How u doin babez??? me doin great!! My diwali was super cool.. urs???

Well, yeah.. me lookin forward to grab all those creamer packets!!

@ prad:

Dai.. look whos talking.. u tellin me abt finsihin exam prep 19 hours b4 ah.. idhulaam un kooda saendhadhu naala vandha ketta pazhakam!! :P

yeah yeah.. u were one i used to regularly give toblerone and ferero rocher illa.. remember? i even gave u "after 8 chocolates"... dat was mostly 'coz i didnt liek them :P i dumped them to u!!!

my room clean only da.. stil, atleast konjam sweep and mop na.. always feels better la.. adhudhan.. :)

@ macho girl:

Haha! how was ur diwali girl??? had fun???

and yeah, stats prof is being postitively influential.. anyways..dutn get high hopes with me goin out on a date wid our stats prof.. mee too on the look out for hot single guys, a few years elder to me tho!!! guys around our age..hmm.. well.. not so interesting to me!! :P

Wow.. a fridge rich in chocolates i always interesting!! :D

@ krithika:

Hey.. thnx a lot girl!! Hope u had fun this diwali!!!

well.. mid sem exams over.. now the next set are on their way!! So.. yeah.. they will get oevr soon n i will be bk home!!!

Join the "i love dad's travel bag" league!! :P

prithz said...

@ has to be me:

Haha!! well.. its nice to be this way tho!! :)

Harish said...

"i am this character who digs into her dad's travel bag and suitcase when he returns from a tour"
I found this one real cute and this reminded me of my bro who used to do the same whenever we returned even from market :-)

Keshi said...

Happy Diwali to ya Prithz!

And hey dun have to grow up...be just the way u r...do whatever u feel like...no need to grow up just cos u have to. TC n huggggggggz!

Keshi.

gils said...

:) intha bag nondra matter....ivlo paravala irukumnu dint expect..thot someone mite put it under weird things list :D...but dunno how many can tolerate other ppl nondifying their own bags...hmm..some thot to ponder..other than tht..super cool post...unnoda postlaam padikarachay....hmmm...forgot tht character...willard prince??!! or prince william goes to schoolnu oru novel varum..nancy drew hardy boys cadre... :) ur posts remind me of tt...semma energetic...keep rocking kiddo....

gils said...

i still treasure my stamps and the scores n wickets i collected from big fun chewing gum...italia 90 vanthapo collect panna soccer fotos....wow...i guard them like tht three headed dog in HP n philo stone....wwf onnu thaan i missed out..for there was no cable at tt time in my plc...heheee...howzzzzzzat for being kiddish....u got competition kiddo :) diwali paataasulam vedichiya :) and diwaliku diwali thaan dresslaam wash panuvengara unnoda magathaana resolutiona thayavu senju maathiko...kyoto protocola singapore mela pollution jaasthi aaidichinu include panitaangalam :D :D

prithz said...

@ harish:

Haha! :) Bags returning from the market are awesome to be explored!!!

@ keshi:

Haha! Thnx keshi! Hope u had a nice diwali too..

Well.. i guess i can enjoy this kinda life.. still some maturity wud always be a good thing na..

@ gils:

Heloooooooooooo gils!!! Epdi poochu diwali??? yeannakum seethu neenga patasu vitingala?? hm... :)

Bag noondra velai laam appa and amma kitta dhan.. michavanga munnadi nan dejendu!!! :P

Nice to see that u too have saved a lot of ur collections... way to go gils!!! :D

Apram.. nancy drew and hardy boys effect in my blog ah??? aga.. naanum novel ezhudha aarembekkalaam pola iruke!! LOL!! thnx!! :)

KK said...

hi 5 :)

Sudarshan said...

Hahaha:-) Cool post!!!

You've finished studying most of your subjects in advance? Lol..thats indeed an achievement..I too finish studying my subjects in advance lol..that is, one minute before the exam starts;-)

I love your frankness;-) All of us do silly things lol but very few of us can actually mention the silly things we did to others and laugh at ourselves!!!

Hope you enjoyed yourself this diwali!

prithz said...

@ kk:

HI5!!! :D

@ sudarshan:

Hey.. how u doin.. long time no see!!

Diwali was great for me... how abt ya???

Well, glad u liked the post..All these might one day seem so silly that i am goin to ahve a hearty laf then!! :P