Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My Tag Rag Day!!!

Hiii peps! Hope you are doing great. It feels like ages since i really communicated with you guys. Been a bit lost in my own world. For the past couple of months, life has been quite a roller coaster. Learnt a lot of lessons. Got bitten a few times. Enjoyed the rest. Well, i also managed to surprise myself with a few things. I guess that's what they refer to when they say - 'half your battle is won by just making the decision.' So yeah, its going to be a long march ahead for the next one month with exams and assignments covering up on me. Also, the long pending good news that i had kept from you is about my internship. Its like a dream work place for me and will mean a lot to my career. Though i am taking just a day's break after exams to start on my internship, i am quite excited about the project. Well, to pep it all up, i hope to save a few dollars from the pay to get a cute gift for my grandma! :)


Oki, now to the post. As usual, i am being mercilessly ragged by tags.

This one is from R.S. anna - The tag asks me to randomly select a blogger and describe about their blog in general and also discuss any particular post that inspired me a lot. At the end, i've got to tag 2 people.

The blog i chose - Gils' Marypoppins

Description - Simple, sweet, most often long, yet cajoles one to read upto the end, straight-from-the-heart types, thought-provoking, crazy at times, ruthlessly random, teasers, cute comedy types, very expressive, a perfect blend of the mega serials and anecdotes ranging from the 'kittu-maama' genre to the sci-fi type, occasional jaw-dropping brainwaves. And my personal favourite is the spontaneity and the personal touch in his posts.

My fav among his posts - Ode to Nice Guys
Frankly, i guess this is one post of his that i totally fell in love with. The post talks about a certain set of boys whom Gils' calls 'nice guys'. He goes on to dedicate this post to these guys describing their kinda life and reveals some trivial, yet fundamental facts that have been shadowed. I am sure anyone who reads this post will be able to relate to one such person in their life - be it themselves or their friends. Its a very simple and straight forward thought that was wonderfully crafted with apt metaphors. That post made me realise how ignorant we are of certain small and intricate issues with regard to relationships. In Gils' style - an ultra cute post! As for the inspiration part that the tag demands - well, it inspired me to write this post! :D

I tag Mask Harish and Sat! :D


The next tag is from Barbi - I have got to list 10 things that suck about my college.

First the boring academic reasons -

1) The 'bell-curve' based relative grading system. At times it makes me feel as though 25% of my fate is dependent on the class of 350 students. (Yeah, yeah, just like Bangladesh's fate in the World Cup was dependent on India's performance.)

2) The 5 pointer system which looks at anyone with <4 as big time losers.

3) The 'you-are-anyways-going-to-wash-test-tubes' kinda attitude with some profs, that at times shakes your foundation.

4) The compulsion to study cross faculty modules involving Singapore studies which totally turns off a pure-science blood like me. I would love to do arts like painting, sketching or origami instead of history.

5) Adding on to the workload, there is also the compulsion to participate in co-curricular activities so that you can be assured of hostel accommodation for the forth-coming year, which again is based on a points system.

6) The freezing cold lecture theaters and examination halls that neither allow you to concentrate nor to sleep in peace, no matter how many jerkins you have.

Now to the more interesting ones :D

7) The Welcome parties and society get-together's offer mostly non-vegetarian food. So vegetarians like me are only left with the choice of drinking diabetics-friendly juice or bland veg salad.

8) Over populated with fair guys. Only a handful of tall, tan and handsome guys who are to my taste - most of whom are either profs who are married or masters' graduates who are committed.

9) No thair saadam in canteen.

10) Most importantly, campus is miles away from home.

Yeahhhh! That's it i suppose. Take care guys! Hugggzzzzzz!!!

30 comments:

brute said...

wats my number here??

KK said...

Brute u dont have any other work?? :P
gimme that ice cream :)

Syam said...

noooooooo.....ivalo kasta pattu odi vandhu 3 rd ah....:-)

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

bfore commenting ek doubt maa'm :D

>>yeah, its going to be a long march ahead

illiyae march mudiya poguthe...april thaane ahead..athu kooda 30 days thane..not long aache (thalaiya sorinjufying with an innocent look :D)

ok ok me to the comment

the 2nd tag is more interesting than mine :), reason coz u have already told lots about how that post affected u:)

thso thso paavam....... unga college la unnai romba kodumai padutharangalo?? naan venumna teacher kitta solla en thangachi ya paduthatheenga nu :)

brute said...

oyee KK...summer is here not there..so no ice cream for yaaa

Ganesh Ranganathan said...

Whats your internship job Prithz? Washing test-tubes??? :-)

Canteen'la thair saadam illaya? Chey...Great insult....thirupati'la laddu illatha maari iruku

Arunkumar said...

attendance kid :)

KK said...

When I read that the tag is about writing about some post I knew it was that nice guys post from Gils! Perfect! and thats wat it was :D
Your college life really sucks :) If mine was like this, I am sure I will still be studying :D

Priya said...

My god girl:)))

prithz said...

@ brute:
Ur no 1 :)

@ kk:
Hehe! No tension. Icecream dhaane, this time for a change strawberry :D

Well, I too kinda guessed that u mite guess abt the nice guys post :) And yeah, abt the second tag. My college is wat sucks. I am making the best efforts so that my college life doesnt suck :)

@ rsubras:
Grrrr!!! Indha mokkai ku onnum korachal illa.

College la avanga kodumai ku mela, na kodumai panindriken. Thaani ki theeni seri poyindhi :D

@ ganesh ranganathan:
Well, my intern is based on zebrafish functional genomics :) For the washing test tubes part, i am plannin to import u :)

Correcta sonninga wid the thair saadam n laddu analogy. :)

@ arunkumar:
:D

@ priya:
Good girl :)

gils said...

avvvvvvvv.....me oray pheelings...testtube clean panra comment chancela..soober..en chemistry mam kitta calcium chloride test panitu result soola porachay..she gave me a similar look..endresult..bayathulachloridea bromidenu soliten...nalla vaaangi katikiten...ipo nenacha kaamediya iruku

gils said...

wowie..u tagged sat :D :D soober

Unknown said...

The blog post that inspired u a lot paatha vudane i guessed it has to be Gils' Ode to the nice guys.

But what I still don't get is what is sooooo inspiring about it! I just don't get it!

Ramya Shankar said...

You are not eligible to do the "I hate my college" tag when jails like mine still exist in this side of the country !
Boangu!

Keshi said...

cool tag Prithz :)

Keshi.

Venkatesh said...

hey.. congrats on your intern.. good luck for a nice learning experience..

yeah.. me too remember the nice guys post and it was a good one frm gils..

sadistic profs, useless classes, co-curricular activities, grading issues ethellam ellama college life eppdi??

I wonder what will be your response 5 yrs down the line when asked about 10 reasons why college sucks.. :-)

Harish said...

"i hope to save a few dollars from the pay to get a cute gift for my grandma! :)"
So cute...
"most of whom are either profs who are married or masters' graduates who are committed. "
Happens to me with women :D
Ettanai tag pa...ezhudaradu...paasakaara makkala irukengale...

prithz said...

@ gils:
Hehe! Adhu yeannakum nadandhirku! Physics lab ah vida chemistry lab la dhan seri comedy n ollarals ah irukum! Sometimes, solution correctah color maaralena, frnd oodathu poi kamichiduvom :D

@ karthik b.s.:
Ah, u too guess ah! oki oki :D

Well, certain things need not inspire all. Guess dats y. :)

@ ramya:
Hehe! Y the so much tension? That-that-man-that-that-worry :D

@ keshi:
Hey! Tks a lot! How hv u been?

@ venkatesh:
Tks a lot venkatesh!

I wonder about it too. i just hope i dunt regret not having enjoyed my college days when i think abt it then :)

@ harish:
Hehe! Guess u are one of those rare ppl reading between the lines n taking note of those small cute things which mean a lot to me :)

Total bondings wid ur blog ah, adhunaala dhan tagotag! ensai maadi! :D

muddled postdoc said...

Hi, regarding the thair saadam, try engin canteen on wednesdays for lunch ;)... ok some people don't like the way they make it so be warned (I'll take whatever I can find though :D)

Can't agree with you more on the acedemic points though...but having lived through them all, you'll realize that you can only do your best and ultimately it won't matter all that much :) - don't forget to enjoy the experiences while you're at it.

Sat said...

aaah....u tagged me...and i have to write about another blog this time...aiyo tough..been a long time i lied :P

//Yeah, yeah, just like Bangladesh's fate in the World Cup was dependent on India's performance//
good thing for bangladesh it was deapendent on India...but one's not so lucky in academics i guess :)

barbi bharadwaj said...

heh, didnt see you had replied to my tag.

this was my fav:
no thair sadam in canteen.

horribly, in my college --> no canteen

Ganesh Ranganathan said...

zebrafish aa? Appadinu oru fish irruka? Pure vegitarian aa irundutu eppadi maa fish handle panrey?

Illa verum DNA mattum thaana? Naan test tube wash panna kandeepa result varaathu... Enakku Lab'la sutthama luck seri illa....project pannara yedathala daily yedhavathu odachittu thittu vanguven...

Kadaisiya our micropipette odachittu sandri pannatha adhey yedathala vecchitten...Yeppo matta porennu theriyala...

Unknown said...

all i want to say is that "we need a new post now!" :P

seekram oru pudhu postu podu.. we are all waiting! :)

prithz said...

@ nivi:
Yeah, my frnd told me abt it. But i thot its on saturdays. I'l chk it out! :)

@ sat:
Hehe! Tag mazhai la na mattum nanainja podhuma.. adhan :D

@ barbi:
Hehe! Though not for food, canteen is the best place to chit-chat :D

@ ganesh ranganathan:
Hehe! zebrafish are now model organisms for research. Heard of glow fish? They are basically zebrafish genetically modified for ornamental purpose. :)

Unless they give me embryonic tissue to isolate DNA, i guess i will be safe working wid DNA alone :D

U broke micropipette ah!??!!! Yeabbaaa! Raaamaa! Jakardha!

@ karthik b.s.:
waiteese :D

Anusha said...

Too many fair guys? I remember someone being pretty obsessed with one particular fair dude! No fond memories? ;)

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

knock..knock.......blog ah update pannu prithzzzzzzzzu........ enna post panrathukku matter kidaikkaliya??? ok i will give u some more tags for u to put a new post (devilish smile ku ennappa emoticon???)

muddled postdoc said...

They have all the "specials" on Saturdays but each day of the week is one "special" as well so Wed for thair saadam.

Rose said...

~laughs

Got reminded of my academic days..

Sigh... Wat great days!!!

:)))))

..Me

muddled postdoc said...

ps guess u'll be having exams week after too so good luck!!

prithz said...

@ clueless:
Hehe! Its one of those rare fair people get the priviledge of being fallen for by me :D

@ rsubras:
Echooseme! Waitessee!

@ nivi:
Oh isit! Good then! I'l catch up wid it sometime. Tks for ur timely wishes! Badly need them! Gud luck to u too! :)

@ rose:
:) Tks for dropping by here!