Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Too far. But not too late.

The first time you felt me kick mom's tummy,
So excited would you have been to feel the tremor on her skin.
I wonder if i was as happy as u,
When finally, i got my way out - crying! Phew!


So timid and confused was i that day,
To crawl into your arms,
While you were sporting a long scary mustache,
Just to give yourself the 'father' look! Grrr!


While you took me in your scooter,
I would stand in front following the speedometer.
My light pink frock would flutter in the breeze.
I would roll into a slumber, only to be pinched on my back! Ouch!


You and me were 'partners in crime'.
Be it adding latest hindi cassettes to our collection,
Or chopping my hair short in a men's saloon.
What an innocent face we put in front of mom that day! Hehe!


And then, as i would prepare for my final exams,
You would stay up with me all night,
Under the pretext of reading the newspaper,
Your weary eyes would drag you into a sleep. Snore!


Just when i would think that i couldn't get better,
You would prove me wrong.
The day arrived when finally my dream morphed into reality.
Was it a pearl of joy or a tear of separation that i saw in your eyes?!?


That's when I felt that the only place i could call home,
Was where you are.
It was the first day of my life when i realized that
I was missing you more than i thought was possible.



I am no longer looking forward to the day when you would get me an air ticket to pursue my dream, but infact i am eagerly waiting for the day when i would get an air ticket just to fly home and lay down on your lap. Till then, your love would sure give me the strength that i never knew i had.

P.S.: Dedicated to appa. Sequel to my dedication to amma.

29 comments:

Unknown said...

Naan dhaan first!!!!! :)

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

Just when I would think your blog posts couldnt get sweeter,
You would prove me wrong,
The day arrived when finally your feelings morphed into a blog post,
Was it a smile of joy or a tear of feeling for such a daughter that I saw in my eyes?

Ahhh prithzuuuuuu I just couldnt get words to describe how sweet this post is... Sooooooooooooooperb poem........ really really really great....... how i wish I could grow up a daughter and feel proud like ur dad :)

Unknown said...

Phew!
Grrr!
Ouch!
Hehe!
Snore!


Soopera irundhichu poem! Unnala mattum eppadi ippadi ellam ezhudha mudiyudhu?

ellam feelings irundha thaana varum'nu sollaadha! Enakku feelings vandha oru mannum varaadhu! :(

Unknown said...

fourth comment! :)

Unknown said...

//While you took me in your scooter,
I would stand in front following the speedometer.
My light pink frock would flutter in the breeze.
I would roll into a slumber, only to be pinched on my back! Ouch!//

chance less lines these! Only u can write anything like this! Great!

Unknown said...

//I am no longer looking forward to the day when you would get me an air ticket to pursue my dream, but infact i am eagerly waiting for the day when i would get an air ticket just to fly home and lay down on your lap.//

Yup, it shows that u have matured enough to go to work. Kutti ponnu Preethi going to work! Booo Hooo! :)

Ms Congeniality said...

//The day arrived when finally my dream morphed into reality.
Was it a pearl of joy or a tear of separation that i saw in your eyes?!?//
Nice words..actually I guess I need to quote the entire post :D

KK said...

Wow! Awesome poem... this will be one day that your dad will never forget in his life.
Each line in the poem will be in front of his eyes when he reads through the poem.

Aana yena thideernu unga appa'ku ivaluv periya ice??? :D hehehehe

Sir, jakarthai :)

shhhhhbbbbaaaa..... pathavechachu :)

Arunkumar said...

superb dedication. awesome lines. great

brute said...

sweet :)

Ganesh Ranganathan said...

cho chweet....

Has to be me said...

Whoa! thats a lovely dedication 2 ur dad. what was his reaction when he read it?!

Himavan said...

Beautiful and Touching!

di.di said...

That's absolutely without a doubt a sweet poem. very sweet, and very sincere... i like it!

You deserve a big round of applause **clap clap**

Anonymous said...

wonder if there could be a better way to express one's love and attachment to a parent...nicely written and conveyed.....GOD BLESS YOU !!! is all i can say now.......

....proud and elated appa !!

Kausikram Krishnasayee said...

*kausik goes cho chweeet*

s0ulasylum said...

daddy rocks! im such a daddy's little girl that at this age its embarrassing to self proclaim so, but thts wht i am.. only-daughter advantages.. papa can never say no..;) na pri?

Syam said...

it was awesome kutti ponnu....and your dad deserves it...:-)

Syam said...

//What an innocent face we put in front of mom that day! Hehe!//

aniyaathuku looti adipeenga pola...and you are really lucky to have such a wonderful dad :-)

Sat said...

awwww!!!
that was royally cute :)
Big yes on the crime partner thing, nothing's more menacing than the daddy-girl team...hehehe

barbi bharadwaj said...

heh that was really amazing.. and wonderful too.

reality in verses - scooter.
a touch in the last paragraph - lie in your lap

oh oh great going!!

barbi bharadwaj said...

and i am really sorry for this.

I THOUGHT YOU WERE A BOY TILL NOW. didnt know, only after seeing a few commnets, i was able to see that my assumption was wrong.
sorry dude!
chi
sorry mam? sorry girl? which one?

Krithika said...

Hey prithz,how're u? I'm good..this is very touchy.I understand.I know leaving home is very painful for u but i'm sure u'll get used to it.For now,Have fun!!n eat lots of bs icecream.

Fantasy said...

Awesome...Lines...Really gr8 to read..Cheers....

prithz said...

To all:

Hi peps! Thnx for ur lovely comments. Shall reply to each one of u soon. Sorry abt this.

@ appa:

Proud to be urs. Hugz!

Venkatesh said...

excellent post.. trade mark prithz post.. :-)

Venkatesh said...

me romba lateu.. so one extra comment to make it up..

david santos said...

Hello!
This work is very good. thank you
have a good week end

Unknown said...

Hey preethi, chance ae illae kalakitta poe