Saturday, June 24, 2006

Invisible… Yet… Invincible :)





Hi guys!!! Hope you are all enjoying the FIFA matches. I am having a great time watching them too. Now, to reveal my new love, its none but Lionel Messi, the youngest guy in team Argentina. Might not be as good as Ronaldo, Beckham or Ronaldinho, but definitely someone to watch out for in this World Cup. Great talent. I am loving his game…Thoroughly…


Ok… getting to something serious this time. Three solid months of vacation and I have done nothing useful apart from attending a 2 week training in genetics, 16 sessions of music class and a bit of blogging. Apart from all this, one thing worth giving myself a pat for is, I have been taking real good care of my health and body. Something I have been striving for, something that gets the smile on my parent’s face. Two months have passed since I came back home and I cant believe that time has been so cruel on me. Its been speeding really fast. Last night, my dad asked me which date he had to book my return tickets to S’pore. Shocked! So soon??? Only then, I turned to the calendar hung behind me and realised that we were already nearing the end of June. Horror struck me. Only one more month and my lonely counterpart will be waiting to take over. Damn It!!! :( Hard times ahead of me, but I must only remember this – “At times of distress, behave like a duck, stay calm and unruffled on the surface, but keep paddling away like crazy underneath.”


The worst part of my vacation has been that, I have still not had a gathering with my friends. Its either that most of them are not in town or else they are hooked up with their books preparing for exams. Even my close friend who stays just a road across hasn’t had the time to come home. I go to her place almost every evening and chat for a while. I have a whole semester of stories to be narrated. Unfortunately for me, she has been doing most of the talking when we meet, and my ears have been as sincere as ever – doing all the listening. After all it’s during these times when we meet, that she gets a break from her books, so why bother her with my musings??? I am just holding my feelings - so many thoughts fighting their way out of my head, like a bee buzzing desperately inside a closed bottle…


A very disturbing truth in friendship is that sometimes friends do not realize that just like every rose comes with a thorn and still we yearn to smell its freshness, admire it beauty and enjoy its presence, each friend comes with something you might not like, but still you will enjoy their presence and without whose company, life can be miserable. Being a very sensitive character by nature and a demanding friend, some things really hurt. Afterall, who would not love to have such demands ??? A friend… the freak-out kind… the lets-sit-by-the-fireside-and-chat kind… who truly loves the relationship that exists… one who would regard each other’s thoughts, actions and feelings… trust you as much as you would… one who opens up everything to you, just like you would… one who would sing that song you have forgotten… one who would know well in advance that something is bothering you, just by the look of your forlorn eyes… one who would join you in your celebrations, sorrows and lend a chest to hug and cry… or more-so, one who would wish not to see that drop slid down your cheek…


I’m sure each one of us would have someone like that in our life... someone in whom we would confide every single secret… And yes, I do have one such person. Its just that she has been too busy and stressed. Its now my turn to give her that enthusiasm and boost. So my stories will have to wait. But, I guess I have been telling you guys almost everything that has been flashing my mind. Most importantly, its like I have a set of invisible friends who, though connect to me through wires, share with me this amazing relation called friendship. I love you guys for being there, speaking out, criticizing, congratulating, encouraging and letting me be myself. Thanks a ton!!! Take care and lots of huggggzzz comes your way from me!!! :)


19 comments:

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

feeling for sibling la irunthu feeling for friend ku improve aagi vanthirukke ;)

gud gud.........

uttara said...

hi ...
am here thru keshi's blog it her b'day .. pls do write few lines abt here at ma place .. its just a surpirse...
thanx
here is the link...

https://tattoome.wordpress.com/

uttara

Bharani said...

too good...stunned what to comment...yes...more than anything in life..we all need a friend who can completely understand us...

hope by the time u fly back....u can share ur stories with ur friend...:)

Bharani said...

//At times of distress, behave like a duck, stay calm and unruffled on the surface, but keep paddling away like crazy underneath//----excellent quotes

Ms Congeniality said...

Friend - A word so small yet is my biggest asset!!
U express ur feelings wonderfully :-)

AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

aaaaawwww girlie
best of luck wid lionel :)

btw is it d season of iecreams :)))

prithz said...

@ r.subramanian:

Hmm... yes!!! :)

@ uttara:

Done :)

@ bharani:

Thnx a lot!!! :)

Its all working you know... i jus completed this blog and i have been getting calls from so many friends... ellarum exam mudicha josh al irukkanga... FEw of us meeting 2moro.. I'm feeling so glad...

And yes, i love that quote too.. :)

@ ms.congeniality:

Ah... Thnk You!!! Dat was sweet.. here is my version :

Friend : A world so small, yet so large in feeling

@ ajay:

Thnk You Ajay!!! I am getting lucky wid him... He was the star in Saturday's match!!!

Oh yes!!! Summer time, winter time, anytime is icecream time for moa!! :)

Syam said...

//2 week training in genetics, 16 sessions of music class and a bit of blogging//

if you would like to do something better than this then definitely its passing IAS exam...

friendship pathi neenga sonnathu pull arikuthu :-)

Unknown said...

Ask your friend to see this post. She'd be proud of you!

I get a feeling that you'd stop blogging after u go to Singapore.

Plz blog even after u go to Singapore. OK??????

brute said...

hey reading this blog... i was like just smiling... and no words wat to say...hmmm anyways plzz do blog regularly so tht you don't miss "ME" [:P]

Ganesh Ranganathan said...

So it is Messi...I guessed right...Now, where's my prize?

prithz said...

@ syam:

IAS exam ah, adhu sari!!!

Ore feelings ah pochu... enaku padichappa pul arichidhuthu... ;)

@ karthik b.s.:

Hmm... :)

How can u think of me not blogging karthik??? Ah!!! Moa and moa's blog have become inseparables... and i love your comments... i am here to stay for long... duncha worry...

@ brute:

Oh yeah!!! i will blog Avinash... hows ur climax coming up btw???

@ ganesh ranganathan

Yes!!! you guessed it right Ganesh!! You get that icecream as ur gift... that's y i put that pic in the beginnning :)

brute said...

tomorr...[:)]

Harish said...

romba feel panni irukeenga...
pineeteenga

Unknown said...

Ok Ok. Happy! :)

prithz said...

@ brute:

Good one avinash!!! Loved it!! :)

@ harish:

:) Thnx!!

@ karthik b.s.:

Me too happy!!! :)

Has to be me said...

Hi Prithz...nice blog u;ve. And I liked ur caption of Ecstasy re-lived! Thanks 4 visiting my blog & keep frequenting.

Enjoy as much as u can now whilst home with ur near n dear ones. This is the best phase of one's life I think. :)

And Im sure u can have a good time with ur friends soon. Just chill till then.

prithz said...

@ has to be me:

Thnx a lot!!! And Welcome aboard!!! :)

Yes indeed, this is the time to enjoy and have loadsa fun and i am doing nothing but that ;)

Anonymous said...

What a great site
» »