Saturday, June 17, 2006

Of my new love... of my mind...



Girls say he is so handsome, charming, quick-witted and athletic… So do many guys… They think he is their role model… I was wondering as to what was so great about him that makes everybody go Ohh and Ahh about him… But I have always refrained from falling for him… Right from my school days… He used to be the heart-throb of many… He wasn’t the show-off kind, but definitely attracted attention… I won’t say I didn’t like him… but he wasn’t the kind on whom I would fall in love at first sight… Or atleast I didn’t even imagine he would be someone I would consider spending time with, if not fall in love…


My interests have always remained different – music, books, cricket, tennis… Though I used to occasionally follow his movements to check on his character that makes him such a topper, it was my tendency to keep safe distance from this guy… I never really felt he was so interesting a guy until I met him a week ago… My friends were all so excited that he was coming to Chennai… I had also told my cousin about this guy and he was much more eager than me to check out his guy… And he came, as promised…. right here, to my home, to everyone's home... in television… you wont believe me… but he came Live and Alive… Yes, in ESPN !!! :)


I guess, given the chance, you would all be ready with one football to strike me hard… If you had even a faint thought that I was going to describe my first love to you, you are mistaken…. But I am pretty sure, people in my blogsville are all as sharp as the game itself to realize that prithz is afterall fooling around with her new-found love - football… I have got addicted to the game… I make sure I watch atleast 2 matches… occasionally I watch the 3rd match also… I never knew the game had so much entertainment to offer…edge-of-the-seat entertainment… Apart from reading books when you are low, I just realized that watching a football match can ease your senses and make you forget yourself… the game brings with it so much involvement and enthusiasm…


Now if you are wondering what the title had to so with all this, I shall as well come to the point… I was watching the match between Tunisia and Saudi Arabia, where Tunisia leads with 2-1 and in the last couple of minutes, Saudi Arabia comes with a wonderous equalizer and ends the match in a draw… Though Tunisians were already celebrating a victory, the final goal would have come as a shock and been so disappointing… That brings me to this… I have for long wanted to study Sports Psychology, though I didn’t take it up as a serious option (I’m not the arts kind)… It would be a wonderful field to focus on… Counsel them when they lose… Instill faith in them and give them that ray of hope… Give them the strength to take on the next challenge… For its true when they say – “Its not because its difficult that we don’t dare, but because we don’t dare that its difficult”… Going on these lines, I was waiting to discuss this thought with you…


The root cause for such emotions is the mind... The mind is really dangerous… Its joy knows no bounds and depression is the worst enemy… I consider the mind a separate entity by itself… much more predominant and controlling than the body… In fact, a weak mind is stronger than a weak body… It can collapse the entire body and bring the person to ruins… A person with determination and will power can manage to get out of the world’s most devastating disease… He is capable of withstanding anything that might happen… On the contrary, the one with a weak mind is only capable of spoiling his body and his life… I belong to the 2nd category… Very sensitive, Faintly optimistic, Inferior, weak by nature, but pretend to be mentally very strong… a trait I believe has genetically travelled from my maternal grandma to me… I have always learnt my lessons in life the hard way… which makes me realize the depth of my mistakes and gets me into this trance where I lose my mind… crestfallen...


Though I may be weak by heart, I am the firm believer that “Time Cures”… I am sure it will… It’s the mind that makes all the difference, something unique for each… which gives one their individuality, a different outlook to the world… This time, its a simple prayer to live and let live… take care… keep smiling… huggggggzzzzzzzzz… :)


17 comments:

AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

aaaaw. dis post has some very casndid confessions , nay :)
hehee. oh just chill. just relax

Syam said...

ada paavi!! football pathi solla thaan ivalo build-up ah, with your build up you have constructed WTA again :-)

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

>>If you had even a faint thought that I was going to describe my first love to you, you are mistaken….

cha cha.... prithz oru chinna ponnu nu engalukkelam theriyume.... you wud be mistaken if you thought we wud think like this......

very nice post, and romba different thinking......... aargh another football commentary ah nu ninaichittu than padichen..... but nalla eluthirunthe.... :) good thoughts....... keep it up

Vinesh said...

Is this what they call "passionate about the game"? "-)

Venkatesh said...

wow.. I just share the same view as you about "mind". I say this a lot to my friends: "It is all in your mind". I cannot agree more to your post.

prithz said...

@ ajay:

Hmmmm... :)

@ syam:

He he... apdina ennoda mokkai udaps ku neenga vizhundhuteengala pola irukku :)

@ r.subramanian:

Escape aithinga... nan football commentary adikacara alavikku unnum terms lam kathukkala... :)kathunda pochu...

@ vinesh:

Yes!!! Gotcha...

@ venkatesh:

Hmmm... Thnx... :)

Ms Congeniality said...

Lessons learnt the hard way helps u grow stronger each time. So I think u are no more weak-minded :-)

Keep rocking :-)

Harish said...

Try studying the sports psychology of Aussies....as far as i see they are one with lot of energy and dont take it from anyone...
Bullies in a simple word and champions as well

Story Teller said...

I just thought you are referring here about some cine star (Rajni!).... then I thought you are referring about David Beckham.. hehehe..anyhow..nice post

Bharani said...

nicely written...apart from the content of the post..i really admire the spontaneity in your writing...good work...keep writing :)

// Very sensitive, Faintly optimistic, Inferior, weak by nature, but pretend to be mentally very strong//

i think most people are the same way....many times they pretend to be strong..including myself :(

Sudarshan said...

Well i've come across lots of people who give the impression that they're really mentally strong outside, but internally they're weak!!Maybe they do it purposely, maybe they do it due to the circumstances:-)
Nice blog you've got here.I came here first time..
Keep up the good work!!

prithz said...

@ ms. congeniality:

Very true... They make you realise the seriousness and the damage that your mistake has causeed... but the weak mindedness comes in when v r unable to face the guilt of the mistake...

@ harish:

Oh... that's correct... they are so strong by body and mind... no wonder they can come bk at any point of time atfer a failure... i cant forget their match against SA where they lose in spite of setting a 400+ target...

@ delhi_tamilan:

Thnx... another victim to my mokkai story.. :)

@ bharani:

Thnx Bharani... its human tendency not to exhibit our weakness to the outside world... if v do... sometimes, they mite be exploited...

@ sudharshan:

Welcome Sudharshan :)

I feel it jus one's way of consoling or trying to get out of the feeling... Self-councelling... When you have none to voice your feelings, this is your fate(esp for the weak-minded)

Sudarshan said...

I've blogrolled ya:-)

Sudarshan said...

Thanks for blogrolling me thats real sweet of you:-)
Lol by the way my name's spelt as Sudarshan lol and not Sudharshan:-)
cya!!

Unknown said...

E tu, Prithz?

Oh no! I thought you were going to tell about your "real" first love!

BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!

Anyway, no wonder soccer craze has swept you too.

Keshi said...

true passion Prithz :)

Keshi.

prithz said...

@ sudarshan:

Sorry for the error... corrected it... :)

@ karthik b.s.:

Lol... Adhukkum oru kalam varudha nu pakkaren... and yes.. soccer fever is in the air... :)

@ keshi:

Hmmm... True keshi... very true... :)