Friday, June 30, 2006

Funky Restaurants !!!


Hello people!!! Hope you guys are really enjoying the summer showers and having a wonderful time. I am doing great. Eating, sleeping, freaking out and in short, wasting time. May and June have passed silently. I have begun my countdown already. One more month to go and I will be off!!! Leaving behind all loved ones here. Ready to start another semester, all alone, with memories of people and home haunting my dreams every night. Anyways, it’s the life I adopted for myself and I am happy this makes me realize the importance of each and everyone who have touched my life in some way or the other. Ok, let’s move on…


I am not someone whose inbox is loaded with forwarded messages. And if at all it happens to land in my inbox, its apparently from my dad!!! My dad is a wierd character. If he has got to show me some interesting article that has appeared in the newspaper, he will immediately look up for it in the net and forward the article to me. Dat's probabaly because i am hooked up with the computer most of the time that, he feels i will check it for sure if its in my inbox. Now, last evening, i got one of these forwards from my dad. It pictures some of the wonderous restaurants in the world. Initially i thought they were true. But now i am beginning to feel these are picture tricks. What say eh???


This would be one hell of a place to dine. Can you see the little cable car to the right linking to the restaurant?? One big wave or tsunami and you are washed away with you food!!!


This seems better. Very picturesque environment to lunch. A banquet in a castle!!!


Sccccchhhreeeecccckkkk.... If u hear this sound, u can be sure the tree is giving away and you can have a wonderful free fall. The secrect of Newton and the apple! Amazing suspension dynamics nonetheless ;)


Gulppppppp!!! I would have to force food down my pipe if i were to eat in this place. Climb the tiny ladder up to your restaurant!!! The first time i saw this pic, my heart literally skipped a beat!!!


This reminds me of Titanic. Seems a cool place, but again, one big ship comes its way, you would probably sink with a burger and a cup of tea in your hand!!!


Wasnt that amazing!!!??? I have a few more breathtaking pics. I have shared the best ones here. One day, i wish we could all lunch in one of these places!!! ;) Anyways, Have a wonderful weekend. Take care all of you and hugggggggggggzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....


22 comments:

Has to be me said...

Ehem! me first eh?!
So when r v going for lunch?!!
Yup I've seen some of those pics but the tree one seems really scary to even think of?!
Have a gr8 weekend & a lovely weekahead!

Syam said...

its really amazing and the last one is really unbelievable, indha restaurants la masala dosai and methu vadai kidaikuma :-)

Ganesh Ranganathan said...

can you actually eat at a place like that, however exotic they look....I am sure to lose my appetite, coz I am scared of heights...

Intrepid traveller's dairy said...

Surely have to gulp down the food when restaurant is hanging inbetween mountains and placed on top of unstable surfaces...good one...hope u are having a nice summer...

prithz said...

@ has to be me:

Lunch??? Oh sure!!! I would love it :)

These pics are really scary. The one inbetween the rocks scared me the most.

Have a wonderful weekend too. :)

@ syam:

Neengalum enna madiri kanju poitingala??? Na inga thaiyir saadham and avakka poduvangala nu pakkaren ;) lol....

@ ganesh ranganathan:

I am scared of heights too. The open waters will scare me to death!!! I wont even manage to gulp water.

@ random thoughts from chennai to canada:

Welcome bk!!! Oh yes. Such places are for the dare devils. Definitely not for me :(

I am having a nice time. Hope u r doing fine. Take care... Hugzzzzz!!!

KK said...

It would be great to eat in those restaurants...considering the fact that restaurants on top of sky scrappers are big hit and revolving restaurants are also big crowd pullers.

Bharani said...

cool....even i feel they are morphed pics...

And if they are really there....pogum pothu...give me a call :)

Unknown said...

I don't think they're picture tricks. They'd be real.

Scary? No. It would make a different experience. After all, we are not going to eat every day in those restuarants!!

And by a sidenote, Argentina is knocked out of WC. No more Messi!
I thought they were the only guys who can beat Brazil. Now they too have gone. It will become easier for Brazil now! :(

England is out too!

starry said...

just stopped to say hello. nice post.

Ms Congeniality said...

I'm sure to lose my appetite if I get to eat in such places..paaka nalla irukum aana anga pogi saapadradhellaam chance e illai..

prithz said...

@ kk:

Oh yes!!! Revolving restaurants and sky scrapers are the "in-thing" nowadays. They present a wonderful skyline, but how many of us can really enjoy food sitting at such great heights???

@ bharani:

Oh!!! Sure... koopta pochu... it will be great fun :)

@ karthik b.s.:

Scary? No - Ahhhhaaaa.. Super!!! Kalakitinga!!! Ennaku andha photo va pathale vayatha kalakudhu...lol...

Hmm... then abt FIFA...Me into total feelings that Argentina lost... but verrrrrrrry happy that Brazil lost too... Now, me full support for France :)

@ starry nights:

Hiiiiiiiiiiii!!! Thnx for hopping by and Welcome :)

@ kandykane:

Oh yeah!!! I would be biting my nails if i were to eat anything there.. lol.. And... Welcome to my home :)

@ ms.congeniality:

Of course!!! It will be a trilling place to visit... but definitely not to dine (for people like us atleast)

Anand said...

hey,
These cant be real snaps!
U gotta be kidding me!

Keshi said...

hey Prithz thanks so much for all ur sweet bday wishes in my blog and many others' blogs! ur so sweet, hugggggggggz!

Now I dun think I'd dine in any of those retaurants lol! Me being afraid of heights, I dun think I can eat in peace in one of those ones..hehehe..

Keshi.

KK said...

Well I enjoy heights :)

brute said...

sorry for being late here....awesome thts word tht comes to my mind after seein the pics... [:)]

prithz said...

@ anand:

I think so tooo :)

@ keshi:

Hiiiiii... Welcome back... Hugggggggggzzzz!!! It was my pleasure Keshi!!!

I would probably eat in such a place in my nightmares :) lol...

@ kk:

Dats wonderful KK... How i wish i were like that too :(

@ brute:

You are excused Avinash :) They are awesome indeed... :)

AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

eh are. dis is all digital fun re. not real
hope u r loorving food in real life resto's :)

prithz said...

@ ajay:

Mein bhi vohi soch rahi thi yaar!!! But i am enjoying mom's food than food outside, nothing like curd rice and pickles ;)

prithz said...

@ ajay:

Mein bhi vohi sooch rahi thi yaar!!!

And yeah, i am enjoying mom's food more than hotel food, nohtin can beat curd rice and pickes na???

Keshi said...

HUGGGGGGGGGZ n thanks!

yep I'd prolly die b4 eating my dinner lol!

Keshi.

Kitarp said...

if only the restaurant on the top of that rock in the sea/ocean (most probably in thailand) were to be real....
really liked reading ur posts!

prithz said...

@ keshi:

Huugggggggzzzz!!! Oh yeah!! :)

@ kitarp:

It would be an adventure to be there if it were real... Thnx for dropping by my blog.. Welcome :)