Thursday, June 22, 2006

Nurture this… Murder that…


Day 13. The tension is rising. Every second has wonderous action to offer. Every goal scored so far has been splendid. Breath-taking performance by leading players. A surge of true patriotism fashionably potrayed by spectators. An absolute treat to watch. The football fever has been spreading like an epidemic. To give you the intensity of my previous statement, this is all I have to tell you - From dad to me and now from me to mom (a homemaker, for whom sports = last couple of overs in a cricket match, if and only if India is playing and is in the verge of victory)!!!


In my previous post, I never expected so many to fall for my prank. Anyways, i have been ignorant of football these days, my attention was only on cricket and my love has been (and still is) the reliable, handsome, soft-spoken, Mr.Wall – Rahul Dravid. This football season, I have let my mind wander and it has just discovered my new sporty sensation. This time, I shall reveal my new love. No, No, Not so soon. Hold on. My description of this guy goes this way - Cute yet so athletic, straight black unkempt hair that casually falls on his forehead, unmatched talent for a player of his age, admired by the greatest of football players, so much so that this sensation is thought to be the mighty legendary's successor. I’m sure you would have guessed my new love by now. No more clues. I now leave it to your wildest of imaginations to take its ride :)


Ok, now lets get down to the topic. As usual, I woke up only at around 9am on Monday morning. Opened the newspaper (read as – last page of newspaper) and read thru the football reviews. As for the rest of the newspaper, I only look at headlines and pictures :) Now, over to the supplementary papers. These are the ones that really interest me. This time it is Education Plus. And the article title read – Old habits die hard, so kill them. Fearing plagiarism, I have changed my post title :) I would like to share some of my thoughts on this and motivate myself. Yes, myself, so that I change certain things for my own good. Frankly, I have not seen the beauty of dawn for more than 2 months - shame on me. Late to bed and late out of bed. When mom told me roughly that I had to change this habit of mine, I told her that its my nature and also claimed myself to be a night bird. Only today morning did I realize that I could indeed turn a morning bird. I awoke at 5.45am, even before my mom did!!! And that’s because the previous day I made up my mind!!! Oh come on!!! Isn’t that a great achievement? I cant hear the applause yet…



Perseverance. Insistance. Determination. Enthusiasm. Good will. A conscious effort. A reason to change. A reason to get rid of the bad habits. That's all is needed. Now, I know bad is a relative term. What I meant was, get rid of those habits that do not help us achieve anything useful, instead substitute them with those, that might one day turn our dreams to reality. Once we have implemented this change, what do we have to wait for?? We have a reason to celebrate!!! As quoted in the article, “Old habits die hard. But no one said old habits never die.” And as the title says, lets nuture the good ones and murder the bad ones. Its all in the mind. In this context, I would also love to share this quote with you –


“ Watch your thoughts, they become words,

Watch your words, they become actions,

Watch your actions, they become habits,

Watch your habits, they become character,

Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.”


I shall stop my philosophies of life here. I have got to stay awake until 2 tonite (Argentina vs Netherlands – cannot be missed), but wake up atleast by around 6.30 to keep up my new change going. However, I have this doubt. What are holidays for anyway??? I thought it was to sleep round the clock and to catch up with all the sleep, that we have lost while studying hard for the exams. Ok, forget it. For now, I shall leave you with this thought. Hope I can look back to this post one day and motivate myself. I do hope the same for you guys. Till then, take care and hugggggzzzz.


p.s. : Here's the link for the article i read : http://www.hindu.com/edu/2006/06/19/stories/2006061900701000.htm

And yes, dont forget to guess my new love ;)


23 comments:

Vinesh said...

Who're you rooting for?

I seem to be the only one rooting for Netherlands :-(

Keshi said...

Passionate soccer fan in action huh :)


** get rid of those habits that do not help us achieve anything useful...

sometimes even useless-looking habits r necessary just to be us.

Keshi.

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

so sweet prithz...thanks for your prayer :)

naan innum intha post padikkale..padichittu appala comment panren

brute said...

hmmmm.........ur love, hey it seems u r describing ME..... [:P]

Ms Congeniality said...

I don't watch football..
anyways' abt habits..
//Watch your thoughts, they become words, Watch your words, they become actions, Watch your actions, they become habits, Watch your habits, they become character, Watch your character, it becomes your destiny//

Good one and very true :-)All the best for u to nurture good habits and murder bad ones :-)

Ganesh Ranganathan said...

Is your love Messi? Who are you supporting anyway?

prithz said...

@ vinesh:

Argentina!!!

@ keshi:

Yeah...going crazy!!!

"sometimes even useless-looking habits r necessary just to be us" - As for this, i would completely agree with you... But if you want me to be more specific, i would name bad habits like biting nails, rocking one's legs... these are habits that are nasty and lead us nowhere... on the other hand, some people have the habit of brushing their teeth after an afternoon nap.. i wouldnt complain of those... :) now, i guess this will be a great topic to debate on...

r. subramanian:

Oh!! No problem... i can really understand the pressure u r having... u used to be the 1st one to comment, now it seems like u have to find time with the comp... take your time R.S. :)

anyways.. good that u r keeping ur Wednesday Vaazhaga Valamudan posts coming, as u promised :) That's the way to go...

@ brute:

Ah!!! Think this is toooo much :)

@ ms. Congeniality:

Try watchin football sometime, u'l love it... :)

Anyways...Thnx for your wishes!!!

@ ganesh ranganathan:

Hmmmmm... i dunt wanna spoil the suspense with a yes or a no...so u will have to wait for my next post... but, wid your guess, i assume u have been keenly listening to the football commentaries(jus like me)... ;) My support goes to Messi's team - Argentina...

And yes...Welcome to my home... :)

Bharani said...

//I know bad is a relative term. What I meant was, get rid of those habits that do not help us achieve anything useful, instead substitute them with those, that might one day turn our dreams to reality.// - Very True..it is very difficult to remove the bad things...the best possible way is to substitue them with good ones...
Well written...:)

Syam said...

touch wood...naanum Argentina ku thaan...hope to see our team coming out in flying colors... :-)

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

padichitten :D

one thing with ur post prithz... long post aache nu scepticalah padika aarambicha, somehow u make the post interesting and make ppl read the full :)

another thing is u are like daffodils i guess, athavathu, wandered lonely as a cloud...... engayo aarambichu, ethaiyo solla vanthu ethulayo kondu poi mudichiruke..as harish wud say, direct dilse post :)

sari tell if u kept ur good habits going tomorrow too :)

prithz said...

@ bharani:

Thnx!!! I guess that's y they say - bad habits are easier to learn then good ones... but tufer to withdraw from... :)

@ syam:

Hi Five mate... i will join u in the cheer ;)

@ r.subramanian:

Great, you found your way at last...

neenga soradhu 100% correct... adhu ennavo therila, ennoda style of writing is like that... oru catchy intro la arammechitu apram main topicku pona dhan, urupidiya blog ezhudhina sandhosham... and yes.. i love my posts the direct-dil-se-kind... :)

neengale sollunga... nan first lendhe habitnu oru topic la aremmenchindhena, advice pandra madiri irukkum... office eh paravala nu neenga escape aiduvinga... rite ah???

innikum ezhundhinten... 2moro... therila... brazil match kaga waiting....

Unknown said...

I guess it is Ronaldinho! Is it not?

If I am not wrong the quote should be like this: :)

“ sow thoughts, and reap words,

sow words, and reap actions,

sow actions, and reap habits,

sow habits, and reap character,

sow character, and reap
destiny.”


And which team do you think will the Cup?

Harish said...

verupaetaandenga
ingae US la ella matchum day time la nadakudu. office pogaama match paatha seat a kizhichiduvaanga...

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

enna prithz thideeer nu neenga vaanga lam solre... ithu nallave illa :)

prithz said...

@ karthik b.s.:

Hmmm... Ronaldinho va??? straight hair nu sonnen pa...neenga enna curly hair pasagaellam solreenga???

Ur version of the quote seems very optimistic...good one... my version was jus a bit demanding... :)

@ harish:

Oh adhu ennovo seri dhan... inngayum, ella nalla matchayum 12.30 nite mela podranga...namba oor pasanga appo pathutu, late ah ezhundhu ponanga na, avagalukkum adhe gadhi dhan ;) anyways... u can watch the highlights rite???

@ r.subramanian:

Ellam oru mariyadhai ku dhan... recent ah, profie chk pannen, neengalum work pandringa nu sonnenga... so, jus, simply... give respect nu dhan...

Sudarshan said...

Haha...Actually my case is quite similar to yours. I watch cricket ONLY when South Africa plays, but then I love Rahul Dravid. When its football season though, I'm suddenly a football fanatic cheering for my favorite teams;-)

Wild guess:is your favorite ronaldinho? Lol

Like you, I hadn't seen the dawn..till today lol:-)

Enjoy your weekend:-)

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

work panna enna... nee satharanamave koopidu..why respect and all

btw today blogger's meet la ..nee variya? further info theriyanumna buzz me at my ym (rsubras)

prithz said...

@ sudarshan:

Oh!! Great to find a fellow Dravidian fan :) And no, my fav is not Ronaldinho... Sorry :(

Have a wonderful weekend too :)

@ r.subramanian:

Hmm... Oh!!! Blogger's meet... that sounds great... But i dont think i can make it this time... Sorry :(

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

mm ipadi elloraiyum kettuttu kadseela naane pogalae :( work at office

AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

so much for dat one new love :)))

prithz said...

@ r.subramanian:

Achoo... Very sad :(

@ ajay:

Oh yes!!! Anything dor that new love :)

Ganesh Ranganathan said...

Argentina out...you must be heartbroken

prithz said...

@ ganesh ranganathan:

Oh yeah!!! Heart-broken :(