Monday, July 24, 2006

Ecstatic Prithz in Child's Play !!!


Heeeelllllllooooooooooo people!!! How was your weekend??? I had a blast!!! Its been another one of those best weekends in life!!! With all the fun i had for the past 2 days, i am feeling really energized and excited. All worries washed off. Nothing to let me buckle under pressure. Currently, i am in that phase of life, sans commitments, sans cribbings and sans tension. Its been nearly more than a month since i have requested God to help me get over this-that or anything of that sort. Its a very general prayer of well-being nowadays. (*touchwood*)


Now, with full zeal to enjoy life to its zenith, i am here giving u guys a BIG wave and a broad smile!!!!!! :) To add onto all the fun, dad and mom got me a pair of new Reebok Shoes (Dravid's I am what i am!!!) and a new black Nokia 6030 Mobile. Though my dad wanted to get a N-series mobile for himself (Ahhhh!!! muaaaachh!!), mom would not allow her budget to shoot (Grrrrr!!!), so both of us settled for this decent one. Simple features and good enough for me to chat, talk and sms.


On Saturday, as dad left for office, mom and me left for my cuzn's place. The big one was off to school, but the other naughty 6 year old was at home. My entry was a huge relief to my aunt, in a way that, i would now play with him, letting the 2 sisters(mom and aunt) have their time. I watched Noddy in Pogo along with him. He showed me all his school text books and then his maths test paper. While so many kids had scored centum in that paper, this fella got only 98(Silly mistake!!!) and my aunt was so upset abt it. ;) Later, he brought his toys, one by one and stocked the bed, until the two had just enough space to sit with all the toys scattered around us. My aunt and mom were shocked when they saw how "well" i was managing him, dirtying the cot and creating raucous of a noice along with the kiddo.




Finally, we shoved away everything else except soft clay. We made clay models out of it and played. Just to give you a tinge of how kiddish i was that day, i will highlight the models that we did. We made a coconut tree, under whose shade stood a sofa. We made a cute clay-kitten (with long tail and ears) sit on the sofa and watch the tv we moulded!!! Then, we also designed a car for it!!! Unfortunately, i didnt take my camera that day. Else i would have clicked a few pics of our masterpiece and shared them with you guys :p My aunt was in splits watching me play this way with the little one. She was in full praise of me, to have got so deeply engrossed in such a child's play. No one in their house has the patience to be playing such kiddo-games with him. ;(


Coming to seriously think about this, itsnt it really sweet to play such a game??? Isnt it wonderful to see your own imagination on fire, getting deeply interested in the other kid's ideas, listening to them with patience and playing their game with the same vigour as they would??? Of course,
if i were to play anything like this all alone at home, my parents would probably be dailing to get an appointment with a psychiatrist!!! Its like a fantasy world altogether and i simply love it. Do u????

25 comments:

Has to be me said...

Me first! After I read this I really feel u shd be somewhere close 2 where I reside sothat U cud entertain my kids too! Good going gal! :)

Ganesh Ranganathan said...

There is a kid inside everyone....your's is very active...:-))

s0ulasylum said...

awww.. kiddo games are so much fun... but i tend to lose patience after a while.. so i start inventing games like "lets see who can sleep first" or "lets see who can stay quiet the longest" ;-) looks like you had a blast. my weekend rocked too.. and i feel so bad its over:(

KK said...

Yo Prithz!
I love playing with kids. As you said, I become one of the kids while playing with them. I enjoy listening to their ideas while playing with them. But I some what feel more comfortable playing with boys than with girls. I think thats because I can relate to their ideas easily. I generally dont know what to do with Barbie dolls.

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

So sweeeeeeeeet :) so sweeeeeeeet

ur posts getting better by the day :)

Syam said...

//his fella got only 98(Silly mistake!!!)//

all we care about is that 2% he lost, no one appreciate about the 98% he scored...badu world... :-)

Unknown said...

Isnt it wonderful to see your own imagination on fire, getting deeply interested in the other kid's ideas, listening to them with patience and playing their game with the same vigour as they would???

If I were u, I would give a whack to the kid's back if one comes with idea of playing a game with me. :D

I have no patience to play a game with kids!

And also with 98%, aaaaah what would the child think? Ippove ivalo strict-na then he would get frustrated!

Intrepid traveller's dairy said...

prithz...reminds me of the time I played with my cousin last year..he is the only boy in my maternal side and I am extremely close with him...when he came back from school...he would be behind me...Suchi this...Suchi that...Suchi sit with me here...Suchi do that...

Whenever he had to do something he did not like..I had to bribe him...and gguess what the bribes were...wrestling...daily he saw WWE...so I had to deal with that...and starwars fighting...veetla irukara water pipes oda naanga adichipom...we broke so many pipes...and the hide and seek sessions(if I explain it here,it would be like I am writing a post here)...something that I would never forget...excellent post Preethi...I can completely relate to this...we both are alike in many ways di..

Keshi said...

aww sweet Prithz in child's play ha? cool!

**Isnt it wonderful to see your own imagination on fire, getting deeply interested in the other kid's ideas, listening to them with patience and playing their game with the same vigour as they would???

It is indeed WONDERFUL! I always do that with my 3yr old nephew...he loves me cos I too become a 3yr old with him lol! It's so much fun.

Keshi.

prithz said...

@ has to be me:

Oh!!! I really wish i had some kids to baby sit. I am not doing anything useful out here. It would have been wonderful if i lived close to ur place. I would have loved to play with them :)

@ ganesh rangathan:

Hehe :) Very rightly said... Its very naughtly too...lolzzz!!!

@ s0ulasylum:

ROTFL :)

I used to do that too!!! When 3 of the eldest of cuzns get together, and when v want to have our time and play our stuff, we used to conduct the "who sleeps first" game or "lets see who sits in the same place for the longest time" for the smaller ones...But sometimes, we would fall asleep b4 the kids do(tired of running around and managing them)..lolzz....

@ kk:

Yo KK!!!

You said it rightly. Sometimes, i find it difficult to relate to boys too!!! I have this cuzn who would talk abt guns, shooting and trains and engines and wat-not. I would sit like a dumbo!!!

I generally dont know what to do with Barbie dolls.

Hehe.. i love babie dolls, dressing up their hair and the diff styles of dress... awwwwww!!! Its such a girl thing..isnt it???

@ r.subramanian:

Hellllllo!!!! Thnk u!!! Am really glad abt that... BTW, neenga chinna pasangaloda valayada matingala???

@ syam:

That's very true!!! I told my aunt exactly that. This 1st std mark(dat too mid-term!!!) mark is gonna do nothin for his carrer!!! Except of course, its the basics.

@ karthik b.s.:

Ahaaaaaaaaa!!! Pavam ungalukku poraka pora kozhandai!!! Ungalukku oru payyano, ponno porandhu, andhu ipdi lam idea kodhuthu.... neenga adha adhikarthuku munnadhi.. unga wife.. enna super ah idea kodhardhu kozhandai nu solli... ungalukku nalla dose uduvanga.. parunga....lolzzzzzz!!!

Seri seri... serious!!! Its just that sometimes, guys arent as patient as girls in baby sitting.

Avan mark ku avana thavira, veetla ellarum feelings udranga..lolz!!!

@ random thoughts from chennai to canada:

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii di Suchi!!! Epdi irukka???

Nanum ipdi lam bribe pannirken di. Ennoda vayasu cuzn oda shuttle valayadalam nu pona, indha nandu-sindu lam vandhu, disturb pannunvanga... appo, nanga kalambra seekram, 5.30am ku ezhundhu... poi excercise panrom nu, poi valayadhuvom... andha madiri matter ku lam dhan, i will get up early!!! valayadi half hour kooda airkadhu.. chinna pasanga, kalambra popoye show nu ezhundhu, tirumbi disturb pannuvanga.. cha!!!..lolzzzz...

@ keshi:

Oh Yeah!!!

We do transform ourselves in such cases. Its really true!!!

Ekta said...

hey,
I always enjoy playing with little kids..its takes me away to a different world..away from the worries and tension....grt life!

Krithika said...

sweet:) r u a very patient gal?

Krithika said...

sweet:) r u a very patient gal?

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

>>Isnt it wonderful to see your own imagination on fire, getting deeply interested in the other kid's ideas, listening to them with patience and playing their game with the same vigour as they would???

In general chinna kuzhandhai aanlum, periyavanga aanalum, ppl would like us if we could behave like their age, athavathu think in their wavelength...or make them think in our wavelength :)

prithuuu naan kuzhandhainga kitta vilayaduven...... but un alavu vilayaada ennala mudiyathu......... am not that smart, kiddo :p

starry said...

You are good with kidz..have a lot of patience.

Anand said...

Well,
to be honest I am not the one to play alone with kids..Guess if I am left alone with a kid..almost certanly the kid will end up crying..am terrible with kids!

Venkatesh said...

nice posts.. reminds me of days when I used to visit my sister's house after college to play with my niece. I used to take her out for a walk, take her out for a bike ride, run with her, fight with her, eat with her.. good times.. kids are sweet and they get really attached to you.. when you play with them you forget all your worries.. now I have two nieces to keep me busy whenever I visit India.. do I have to say that I miss them??

prithz said...

@ ekta:

Oh yes!!! IT makes ur forget all our worries :)

@ krithika:

Thnx Krithika!!!

Moa is really patient!!! :p

@ r.subramanian:

Hmmmm.... Very true!!! Its basic human mentality. Each one would want us to come down to their level and listen to them and it gives them a world of pleasure if we do that!!!

Adhullam neenga solla koodathu... namba enna smart ah irundhalum, ippolam kozhaindai nambala muttal akitavanga!!!! :p

@ starry nights:

Yeah!!! I am quite patient. Probably, its my love for kids that makes me even more patient with them :)

@ anand:

Hehe!!!! Guys are so reluctant to take a go on baby-sitting i guess. But no wat, it would look really funny when a guy is made to baby sit. Afterall, guys got to be guys and i like it that way. :p

@ venkatesh:

Hey, welcome bk after a really looooong time!!! Been really busy is it??? No vacations?? No wat, my vacations are getting over soon :(

Its so much fun of course. I'm sure u r missing those breaks you got. Aren't u???

Himavan said...

Hello!! First time on your blog...slipped through ekta's...:)

Nice post about child's play. Just reminded me of my days back home playing with my neice and nephews...Its sometime already...:(

Harish said...

boom..that last time i played as such was with my cousins kid. My sis didnt know who was the naughtier kid :-)

brute said...

hmmm.... guess wat my mom always complains that i'm still behaving like a kid....Now God knows when am gonna behave like a more matured guy....wat say preeti????

Venkatesh said...

hey pritz,
thanks.. yah.. busy times.. too bad that ur vacation is getting over. i know the feeling of being away frm home after a nice and relaxing vacation..

its been almost 2+ years since I had a nice long vacation back home :-( last two times was just 10 days.. looking forward to december for the next trip.. time is running..

prithz said...

@ contended:

Hey!!! Welcome to my space!!! :)

That's wonderful. Hope you get time off for another break.

@ harish:

Hehe :) Nice one. Isnt it nice to be naughty??? Its the epitome of liveliness!!!

@ brute:

Hey, where were u all this while??? Been quite long...

Well, i dont know wat to say!!!

@ venkatesh:

Oh!! That's sad. I'm into feelings that vacation is getting over :(

Hey, i will be bk during Dec too. I guess both of us will be praying like crazy for Dec to arrive!!! Take care. Bye.

Twisted DNA said...

"Unfortunately, i didnt take my camera that day"
You should've made a camera too :)

prithz said...

@ twisted dna:

Hehe :) I never thought of that... Nice idea :p