Thursday, July 27, 2006

She waves out from near the stars…..


Hi!!! How are you guys doing??? I have something nice to tell u and I am really excited about it!!! I got to know what subjects I am going to be doing this semester. Molecular Genetics, Biochemistry and Biostatistics is in the list. I’m also going to do some project with snake venom. Hehe :) And to add to these, I am planning to take a go on one English Module. Yahooooooooo!!! Also, my timetable says that mostly, i’ll have the whole of Wednesday freeeeeeee!!!! This semester is going to be lots of fun!!!


Days are closing in. I pretty well know that I still have 8 days to go and I need to boost myself to start my new semester in a home-away-from-home. But I know much better that these few days will pass by ever so quickly. I’m not here to complain or to mourn. But its just that, I feel, you guys have the right to know the other side of me – the one that’s been in hibernation.


Mornings are fun. I am bubbling with enthusiasm, planning what to do, pestering my parents that we will go here-there, do this-that, chit-chatting with my granny, as she gives me some last minute tips on cooking and on how-to-live-an-optimistic-hostel-life. But as slowly, the night creeps in, I can literally feel my enthusiasm wane out, my face turns pale and the bright eyes that sparkled with mischief and excitement begin to look weary and distort. I go to bed pretty early, around 10.30pm. Tired out of day’s work, dad and mom fall asleep instantly. But I close my eyes, only to be inviting thoughts of loneliness and of flying back to S’pore. I twist and turn, try to chant some sloka, try to think of beautiful things – of flowers, gardens, babies, friends, dad, mommy, blogsville. I try to think of kick starting the sophomore year in university that promises so many wonderful things to explore and learn. But the thought of leaving home after this 3-month long vacation, leaving behind the people I love so dearly, makes my heart heavy.


The body pleads with the mind to rest, not to think, to motivate. As the body forcefully cajoles the mind to sleep, the mind refuses even more authoritatively. As I fully wrap myself with a blanket, trying not to emote in front of my parents, I can feel my eyes getting hotter, a small bead of tear trickles through the corner of my eyes. I wipe it away and console myself, pleading for sleep to take over me…


As I was fighting one such battle with myself last night, i was imagining myself, waving out to you guys from up the sky!!! Smiling out to all of you, through the small window in the aeroplane, thanking you for the wonderful vacation you guys gave me and hoping to see you guys motivate me through this semester!!!!



Thnx guys for being there…. Thnx a ton… Take care and have lotsa fun!!! Hugggggggggggzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!


24 comments:

Venkatesh said...

Hey.. cheer up.. you will have a wonderful semester and december will be greeting you soon. :-)

remember one of your posts about mind?? just enjoy your remaining vacation to the fullest..

Himavan said...

Truely brilliant way of expression!!!. Cudnt have said it any better!!..Liked it tones...:)

I am certain that you would do great...:)

Btw you in NUS?

Has to be me said...

Hey cool it gal! Im sure its gonna be more fun than u think. And time will pass faster than u can imagine & u wld soon be home for the next vacation. So relax & enjoy & most importantly, sleep tight! Good nite! :)

s0ulasylum said...

i know exactly wht ur talking about! its been a year since i've visited india... and i feel so homesick.. but dont worry about it.. u have a new semster .. a new beginning to look forward to... all the best with it all... and have a safe n enjoyable flight! :)keep posting ..
tc

Vinesh said...

Prithz.. what do you study? :-)

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

wonderful, lovely post

beautifully brought out in a poetic way.........

u sure have won so many ppl's hearts in the blog world prithz........ Way to Go sister :)

starry said...

Its always hard to go back to school after a vacation.I am sure you will miss your family but before u know it winter break will come and you will see them again.

KK said...

Hey cheer up!!
I know its difficult to go back to school after a vacation but I am sure its going to be an exciting semester with Molecular Genetics, Biochemistry and Biostatistics. Before you realise, your next vacation will come and u'll be back with your folks.
Are'nt you curious to know about your project with snake venom?? I am eager to know more about it. So keep us posted about your new semester.
Till then relax, keep kewl and sleep without any worries. cya soon with some exciting bio-oriented posts...

Sudarshan said...

Wow..u seem to be studying pretty complicated subjects lol:-)

So college is beginning soon eh? I'm sure the term will rapidly get over once u start it..till then, what are you waiting for?Go ahead and have a blast:-)

Intrepid traveller's dairy said...

Hey Preethi...enna di...Cheer up da...I can relate to everything you say and I too know how it feels...I recall the time I was leaving home and I felt like running away so that I wouldn't have to board the flight...Our tears wont change anything da...December thaane...Trust me...TIME WILL FLY OFF...If you keep brooding then your parents will also be unhappy...

I know how difficult these last few days are...but once you go there...within a week or 2 you will settle in and get busy with University and before you even know...December will arrive...so no kavalai's...hav a blast...inum ore oru week thaane iruku...

Syam said...

Cheer Up..its all in the game,partially fun,partially thrill...and apart from all those when the exams come don't forget about the "BIT"...if u need any help feel free to ask me(I am talking about BIT technology) :-)

Keshi said...

hey dun u cry...awww...u'll have lots of things to do so dun worry u wudnt even know time passing u by...and soon it'll be Dec :) Mwahhhhhh!

Keshi.

Ekta said...

awww...lovely post!
Its always difficult to leave ur family and loved ones and go..btu i guess thats what life is abt...its wants u to come out of ur comfort zone and experience new challenges...and am sure u'll do grt in college!
All the best and enjoy the last few days of vacation!

Anand said...

Hey pritz..
Well guess it must be very difficult to leave parents and go after a long vacation..sometimes u just want these vacations to continue...cant remember the time I was last at home for such a long time!

prithz said...

@ venkatesh:

Oh yes, i am sure time will pass off quickly. Thnx a lots for those lovely words.

I do remember the post on mind. :)

@ the brown eyed one:

Oh is it??!! She's doin biotech too??? Thats wonderful!!!

It is really sad that you have to part with your sister, though it is just temporary. Take care.

@ contented:

Thnx a lot!!! :)

Your encouragement is going to be my drive this semester and i am sure i will give my best :) And yeah, i am studying in NUS.

@ has to be me:

Thnx for those lovely words!!! i am feeling really nice. In a way, i am getting excited to start off my new semester!!! :)

@ s0ulasylum:

Thnx a ton!!! I am looking forward to my new year. Am sure its gonna rock!!! I shall keep you posted about it for sure.

Hope you get a break and come down to India. Take care.

@ vinesh:

Hi Vinesh!!! I am doing a Life Sciences course.

@ r. subramanian:

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! Thnx a lot!!!!! (*hugggggggggzzzzz*)

Sometimes, you get me so thrilled with your comments. Hehe :) I couldnt ask for more from you... you are really sweeeeet...

@ starry nights:

Thnx a lot!!! Time, for sure is going to fly. I will be back in India pretty soon :)

@ kk:

Heeeellllloooo KK!!! Am all cheered up and charged already...lol...

I shall surely post some stuff about snake venom project. (*hiiiiiiiiiiisssssss*) hehe :) i am goin around the house making such wierd noises already...

I cant stay away for long. So you shall see me soon... take care....

@ sudarshan:

Hehe.. They arent all that complicated...Its so much fun to learn them!!!

Thnx for your encouragement. I am sure to have a blast this semester!!!

@ ramdom thoughts from chennai to canada:

Hiiiiiiiiii di Suchi!!! Mwaaaaaahhhhhh!!! Epdi irukkaa????

Thnx a lot for those words di!!! I am sure to come over this soon and i am looking forward to my new subjects and a new term. I am looking out for one book thats going be my bible this semester. Ana, stock illa. So i guess i will go back there and only buy, i cant wait to lay my hands on the new book!!! :)

Take care di... unnoda blog update pannena nalla irukkum :) Huggggzzzz!!

@ syam:

Aha Aha!!! You have truely cheered me up with your words Syam!!! lolzzz... Bit technology la tips koduka, edhanum charge pannuvingala??? illa freeah ve solli kodupingala????

Enna irundhalum, namakku andha dhairiyam illinga :(

@ keshi:

Mwaaaaahhhhhh!!!! Thnx a lot Keshi!!! I will be back soon in India, i am sure.

But before that, i am going to pester my dad to take me Down Under for scuba diving during December vacation... wat say??? :)

@ ekta:

Thnx a ton Ekta!!! You couldnt have said it any better!!! Hugggzzzz!!!

That sure gives me enough and more boost to stay excited for the days to come.

"Its not bcoz things are difficult that we dont dare, but bcoz we dont dare that things are difficult" Rite????

You have a wonderful time at S'pore too. I am sure u will enjoy yourself.

@ anand:

Oh yes, rightly said!!! Everyone wants to have vacation all the time, dont we??? :)

You too have a wonderful time at S'pore. Hope you get to impress your in-laws... lol... :) Take care...

Himavan said...

Aww, cool...Me finished master's at NUS and now in germany. Good to know you...:)

we all need encouragement to go forward and excel...:)

And ya, Can I write to you?

Ramya Shankar said...

We're all here when u need us! And am so glad atleast u're doing something u're interested in !
Go girl !

Krithika said...

Heyy..life s beautiful! enjoy it
hint-if u feel terrible jus think abt the sweetest thing tat happ 2 u in coll

prithz said...

@ contented:

Awwwwww!!! That's cool!!! NIce to make contacts with you :)

@ ramya:

Hi di Rumz!!! Thnx for those beautiful words. As u said, i love what i am doing, that wat keeps me goin!!!

@ krithika:

Oh sure i will!!! Thnx for the hint!! ;)

Ms Congeniality said...

All the best for the next semester!!U'll do great!!

Unknown said...

All the best for your new semester.

I can feel the pain of yours. The only difference being that you have put it out in words and I didn't.

Remember one thing, we in blogsville, will always remember you and will be always near you. And don't forget to blog regularly!

prithz said...

@ ms.congeniality:

Thnx a ton!!! :)

@ karthik b.s.:

Thnx a lot Karthik!!! You guys will be a lot of encouragement for me, for sure. In gratitude, i shall surely keep posting my experiences. :)

BTW, neengalum, amma, appa vitutu irukingala???

Unknown said...

Yeah, I will be in Coimbatore shortly (for full 2 years for doing PG course). So appa-amma vittutu dhaan irukanum. :(

prithz said...

@ karthik b.s.:

Oh apdiya!!! Dont worry. Many of us in the same boat dhan. Take care and good luck!!!