Monday, July 17, 2006

My Favourites !!!


Hello people!!! How do u do??? I am slowly beginning my preparations to leave. With just 20 more days left for me to push off from home, my mom asked me to clean my bookshelf. Know what the deal was??? Very simple - Help my mom clear "my shelf", put the old newspapers and some unwanted notebooks to the old paper shop guy, then with the money the paper shop guy would give, i would get a can of Haldirams rasgulla!!! :) (These are some tactics my parents often use to get things done from me.. and i very easily fall for such deals!!!) Though i hate to put my hands into the dusty shelves, anticpating a lizard to pop out and scare me to death, i simply love to browse through my old books, notebooks and especially wait to get my hands on the rasgulla i was to get that evening!!! This Sunday, was one such wonderful nostalgic afternoon.


I began to pick the books, one-by-one and filter out the books that i had to pass on to my cousins. I was going through my neatly scribbled notebooks, english textbook, my preserved exam papers, red marks by teachers in some, encouraging comments in others, the chit-chat with friends written by the corner of textbook pages, paintings in a few pages, e-mail addresses of friends and teachers and lots more. I discovered some long lost materials too... Here they are...



The ink pen - Gifted by my grandpa to my mom, in her college days and then passed on to me... My lucky pen it was!!!


The vocabulary book - When i was having my class 8 vacation, my mom enrolled me in a creative writing class. This book came into existence then. Been in search of it for long and finally found it!!!


The Rahul Dravid bookmark - Created by this crazy Dravid fan called Prithz. I would purposely have this peep out of my library book, so that friends can see. One day, when it was lying in my desk, my teacher noticed it too. From that day on, whenever there was a cricket match, and Dravid got out, that teacher would loudly convey her condolences to me in front of the whole class :(


The arts book - One period in school i really love. Once in a term, when it is arts grading time, Prithz will be in demand!!! "Hey, can you please do something to this piece of s#*t i created. I will get u that softy from our canteen!!! Plz plz plz." And again, i would fall for that Rs.5 icecream!!! ;)


And hey, i also found these two favourite sketches of mine!!! I guess its a bit dull, Click and enlarge to get a better view...





That's the dream home i mentioned in my tag post :) Remember???


22 comments:

KK said...

Hey! nice sketches, Your dream house picture is very good.
You are lucky that your parents offer Rasagulla for cleaning your bookshelf, My parents knew that such techniques wont work with me, so I had to be scolded to clean my study table :)

Syam said...

rasagulla ellam nammakitta velai aagathu...so rendu saathu saathuvaanga appuram athu paatuku velai aagum...its great that you can still get hold of all those treasures...nice sketches..then I again remember "veedu building" :-)

Unknown said...

The pictues were great!
Books-ellam avasiyam vikkanama? They would have been a memories of childhood, right?

Ok anyway Bon voyage!

Keshi said...

Rahul Dravid had to be there na lol!

Keshi.

starry said...

I would do almost anything for some rasgulla also. you have some nice mementos.nice sketches.

Anand said...

hey wow!
Everyone ard seems to be talented artists..grt sketches!
But I simply love it when I accidently get some old stuff of mine which I dont recall or remember!

Harish said...

dho da..plan kooda ready. Seems you are only waiting for a bank balance and contractor

Intrepid traveller's dairy said...

Nice sketches di...I know how embarrassing it is when teaches point something out time and again in front of the class....for you it was a celeb...for me it was my height...but I too laughed with the entire class..enna panrathu...Rasagulla???this is where we differ di...I usually dont like anything sweet...and my parents usually have to give me a lecture to clean my study table and its drawers...but my grandparents bribed me with Rs.5 or candies...
They still do it now...but the charge has increased from Rs.5 to Rs.10...with Rs.10 I can get 2 popsicles(in adyar) and eat them at the same time :P

s0ulasylum said...

hey u sketch really well girl!! loved ur sketches! :)

prithz said...

@ kk:

Thnx KK!!!

With most people such deals dont work. Its just that i cant resist my temptations to such sweets, that i fall for it. :)

@ syam:

Thnx Syam!!!

Hehe :) Super ah sonninga. Sila naal dhan enga veetla deal ellam, illati ennaku suoer ah adi vizhum!!!

@ karthik b.s.:

Thnx Karthik!!!

Sila books lam, i have retained. Rest of them, i have given away. But anyways, most of the books, ennoda, cuzns kulla circulation nadakkum, so eppo vena pathukkalam :)

@ Keshi:

Oh yes!!! Cant be missed :)

@ starry nights:

Oh!!! Thnx a lot!!! :)

@ anand:

Is it??? Thnx anyways :)

Its a wonderful feeling to lay our hands on something like this...

@ harish:

LOL... Exactly :)

@ random thoughts from chennai to cananda:
Thnx di!!

School episode is sad di, but good that u took it lightly.

Andha grandparents deal nalla dhan irukku. Ore time la, 2 hands laiyum, 2 candies, super ah irukum sapda illa?? Nanga ellarum, schoolla, oru rs.5 icecream, rendu vangi, ipdi dhan sapduvom..lol... small pleasures... great happiness..illa??

@ s0ulasylum:

Thnx a ton!!!

Ekta said...

hey wow,
lovely sketches...grt work!
I hate cleaning cupboards though!:-(

Intrepid traveller's dairy said...

yes di...said it correctly...small pleasures but they are priceless...something that I wouldnt forget in this lifetime....

Unknown said...

hey prithz, how did u access ur blog?
naan access panna no response!

then i went to pkblogs.com!

Ms Congeniality said...

Very nice sketches :-)
Even I get reminded of my old memories when I clean my shelf which happens once in a blue moon :-p

Keshi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Keshi said...

Hey Prithz ur dream home looks gorgeous! I hope some day u'd invite me for tea in that same home :)

Keshi.

prithz said...

@ ekta:

Thnk u Thnk u!!!

@ random thoughts from chennai to canada:

Priceless indeed!!! :)

@ karthik b.s.:

Seri seri.. innume lanum newspaper oda 1st few pages um padinga.. okeva???

@ ms.congeniality:

Hey.. hi...long time, no see!!!

Thnx!!! I too clean my shelf very rarely...

prithz said...

@ keshi:

Hi Keshi!!! Thnx a ton!!!

U want me to invite u only for tea??? I thot i would call u for a super cool dinner one nite ;)

Sudarshan said...

Wow..u sketch really well:-)

Nice to know that the pen has been maintained in great condition for so long!!!

Old things bring back such nice memories...:-)

prithz said...

@ sudarshan:

Thnx Sudarshan!!!

The pen does work, but its just a bit leaky and messes your finger when you write!!!

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

the first post of yours wherein i have not commented (before you put up a new post that is)

:)

prithz said...

@ r.subramanian:

Hoho... i remember.. there is one more wherein u have not commented!!! lol..